• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2015 - Report on Topic Authors

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have edited the Topic List view to show the Title, Modified Date and Author. I am looking to export this view (report) to send to my colleagues for reference. I tried the Topic Properties Report, but for some reason lost Author (don't ask: I'd tried every field from that report and still don't see it). Is there a simple way to just export this view (Excel would awesome, but I'll settle for anything). Reading the help, there is a reference to the Author menu but I am guessing that's not a 2015 thing. Any advise would be helpful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're out of luck - reporting like that (nice neat rows of data suitable for Excel) doesn't exist in older versions (can't speak to newer UI ones). It's all formatted for printing on a page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff,

Do you know of ANY reporting or printing function I can use to give my colleagues this information? If I have to dump into something else and clean it, up for the challenge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Tools > Reporting menu gives you all the reports - but, as I said before, they're all formatted for printing with headers & sub-headers & indents, etc. that completely muck up exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can filter the report by author and then Copy the report into Excel or Word.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How? I am talking about the Topic List view, not report. If I could copy/paste, that would be awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I got misled by the reference to Reports and didn't have access to RoboHelp at the time. The options for the Topic List report do not include the fields you want.

I tried a screenshot of the Topic List and then got Snagit to read the text. In a text editor the information is there but not formatted and some characters got misread so I don't think that is a realistic option.

RoboHelp 2020 would give you what you want.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have managed to use Snagit to capture the  text directly out of the Topic List pod using the scrolling window and Text settings. For some reason it doesn't capture the File Name or Title headings, so you have to move the headings across and add those two in manually. And it doesn't add extra tabs/spaces/delimiters for blank columns, so any columns that don't have a value for every row need to be fixed manually. If you put those right at the end there's less fixing up to do.

It's not perfect but it could get you 80% there if you have Snagit.

The settings I use in RH Classic (11 and 2019) and Snagit 11:

* Float the Topic list pod and expand to show all data

* Make sure any columns with blank fields are towards the end (most blank fields last, if possible)

* Capture Profile: Text

* Capture Type: All-in-one

* Effects: Column delimited (I don't recommend selecting commas because some columns contain commas in the data; tab is usually safe, otherwise tilde (~) is rarely used in standard text)

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp