• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2017/2019 Classic: How can I generate PDF Output for merged projects?

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

for our help system https://help.celum.com we generate the output from 4 different projects - a dedicated project for each of our product lines and a parent project which merges all of them together and contains some marketing intro topics.

If I try to generate the "Printed documentation" output for the merged project, it only includes the marketing topics that are actually part of the merged parent project. All the child project topics are not included.

Is there any way to generate a single PDF from a merged project that has 1 parent and multiple child projects? Or is it simply not possible? Do I have to generate a Word document of each child project and then merge them all together before converting to PDF manually?

We are using Adobe RoboHelp 2019 Classic (have not switched to the Reimagined UI yet). 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Birgit

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Sorry but the answer to can you generate one output is no and to having to having to merge the documents is yes. That is true of all versions.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but the answer to can you generate one output is no and to having to having to merge the documents is yes. That is true of all versions.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was both afraid of and expecting that answer. Thanks, Peter 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp