• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2017 Crashes Every Time - Importing FM files

Participant ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get RoboHelp HTML to work at all. It crashes EVERY SINGLE TIME I try to import FM 2017 files. The book is open in FM 2017 as well as all of the files in the book. I've applied all of the patches and the files are local on my hard drive. Thoughts, ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting any messages about the FM content when you try to import it? Is this a fresh RH project? Have this ever worked before or is this the first time you've tried it? You shouldn't need to have the docs open in FM, just the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never gotten RoboHelp to work at all. It just crashes and there are no log messages indicating the error. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and patched it.  No change, just won't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean about RH not working at all? Does it start up and can you create a new blank project in some location like c:\projects\project_name\ ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can create a blank project, but importing a single FM doc into a blank project causes RoboHelp to crash. It's a Windows 10 laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm...never heard of that one - any permissions or rights issues on the c:\ drive? RH will try to convert the FM content to mif format in a temp file folder to bring it across. You may need to contact TCS support for them to take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try creating a new Fm doc, adding content, and then create a new Rh project and try importing into that Rh project?

If that's not working, I'd be happy to take a quick (~15 minutes) look at your files.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Additionally, is there non-FrameMaker RoboHelp content you need to include in your project? If not, you could consider publishing from FrameMaker instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp