Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2017 TOC not working

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used robohelp 9 word.

I upgraded to RoboHelp 2017 3 months ago and it worked. This week applied update2 and now my TOC are not working.

I don't have a hpj files mine is xpj.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread you posted in is about whether or not RoboHelp for Word is part of the current version of RoboHelp. Your question is not related to that problem.

I have therefore branch it into a new thread and put it in the correct forum.

You say the TOC is not working. What happens? What sort of output are you creating? If it is not working in the browser, have you tried more than one browser? We need more information to help.

There are some recent posts that could be about your problem but I can't say based on what you have told us, or more correctly haven't told us.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now getting the screen below. The TOC is missing or not showing up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That suggests you have generate a WebHelp Pro output. Do you have RoboHelp Server installed on the server? You haven't mentioned this before.

I asked some questions before. Please respond.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do have Robohelp 9 server. It has been working fine when we publish to our website.

The output is documentation of an application. I do not use styles sheet. I built the TOC myself

I upgraded to RoboHelp 2017 3 months ago and it worked fine. This week applied update2 and now my TOC are not working.

I am getting an Apache error message below when trying to open Robohelp server from within Robohelp.

HTTP Status 404 - /robohelp/admin/

type Status report

message /robohelp/admin/

description The requested resource (/robohelp/admin/) is not
available.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp Server 9 should work with RoboHelp 2017 but I am aware from another thread that some problems were encountered. They were fixed as in that case the poster had access to RoboHelp Server 10. During the course of dealing with that, I believe there may be some issues that Adobe are aware of and you would need to speak to Adobe Support on that.

Before doing so though, you say you built the TOC yourself. What do you mean by that? Did you create it in a text editor rather than RoboHelp? Have you specified the correct TOC in the build?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It not an automatic TOC is what I mean.

Richard Wright (Contractor) | Leidos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I wanted to rule out some other method of creating the TOC and that being the reason for this problem.

I can't help you on RoboHelp Server issues and there aren't many users who do support the forum on such problems. I think I have to point you to Support. It's free.

The only other thing I saw was making sure the JRE version is correct.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is JRE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Java Runtime Environment. It's part of the RoboHelp Server setup.

BTW. When you reply by email, I suggest you remove your contact details, unless you want a whole load of spam. I have removed it from your previous posts.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have Robohelp server 9, should it work with Robohelp 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see post 5 in this thread.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding folders and topics to TOC as needed.

Function Area Expert II | Systems Made Simple

OI&T Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO)

Human Resource-Payoll Application Services (HR-PAS)

1615 Woodward Street / Austin, Texas / 78772

Office: (512) 326-6610

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp