Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2019 classic - suddenly styles disappeared

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am working on robohelp 2019 classic version. I have created several styles in my project and its a huge project with several styles such as:

1. paragraph and character styles

2. image styles and so on.

While I was working yesterday, suddenly the newly created (2 weeks back) image styles and paragraph styles disappeared. However, I can see styles which were created 3 or 4 weeks back. I didn't recieve any error message on the screen when the styles got disappeared. Additionally, this same scenario occured with my project 3 or 4 weeks back and being unknown i did create the styles again. This scenario has occured for second time and it is too frustrating, incase I have to create styles and format whole project again! 

Can anyone please help me to retrive the disappeared styles. 

Any solution or hint would be of great help!

Thanks,

Nutan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where have they disappeared from? Can you post some screenshots to help us understand?

Is it all topics or only some? Do you see the stylesheet in the Project Manager pod? If not, what about when you use File Explorer to browse to the correct location in your project on your C drive? If you do, what do you see when you double-click on the stylesheet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Styles are disappeared from project by that i mean from style pod. Additionaly, i also checked the default css in notepad but i cant see those newly created styles.Sorry, as the content is ogranization's confidential data so i can not upload the screenshot over here. 

Yes, i canot see the styles for any of the topics. I can see the stylesheet in the project manager pod with my previous styles which were created 3 o 4 weeks back. And, i did cross verify whether i am looking at the default.css as soon as styles disappeared. But i am using the default.css and yet i cant see the newly created styles in the style pod.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any source control involved?

If not, do you not have some other backups?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Source control is involved and I didn't even take backup as I was still working on the project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the stylesheet in the project manager pod with my previous styles which were created 3 o 4 weeks back.   

By @Nutan5EDE

Does this sentence mean you can see a stylesheet in the Project Manager pod which displays your styles? So you have multiple stylesheets in your project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Does this sentence mean you can see a stylesheet in the Project Manager pod which displays your styles? So you have multiple stylesheets in your project?"

My project contains only one default css which contains several styles such as Images styles, Paragraph & characters styles, Table styles, and so on. So, the issue is that I have created few more styles in Paragraph & Characters and Images styles which disappeared suddenly while i was working on the project. However, I can see the Paragraph & Characters and Images styles created 3 or 4 weeks back but newly (latest created - 1 or 2 week back) created style for the same disappeared. Now, when i open the project, i can see css with only my previous styles in paragraph and characters styles, and images styles and not the new ones. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the project files located - local c:\ drive or some network location? Also, are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Project is located at D Drive. Yes, actually my laptop was formatted and hence i had to install the robohelp recently due to it. So, i suppose i have the latest version of robohelp installed on my system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't count on it - check with Help > Updates to be sure - last 2019 version is 2019.0.14.
Is the D:\ drive a partition on your laptop's hard drive or a network drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp