Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2019: Indigo Header Breadcrumbs - Missing Separator

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Robohelp 2019's Indigo skin, and when I view a topic's output, the header's breadcrumbs do not include any separator.

Robohelp_2019_Missing_Separator_In_Header_2019-07-26_12-38-31.png

Any thoughts on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Christina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just set up a new project and the breadcrumbs have a >> separator. I can find where to set breadcrumb text and background colours but not the separator. Try a second copy of Indigo. Leave your existing one and call the new one Indigo 2. Does that have separators?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Unfortunately, that didn't work.

I've included a screenshot of the Elements console in case it might help with troubleshooting.

Elements_Console_2019-07-30_14-08-40.png

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Christina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try a new copy of the skin? Late here now so will look in the morning.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter, and no worries about the timing of your response.

To your question, I performed the following actions to associate the Indigo skin with my project.

1. In the Output>Skins tab, expanded the + New Skidrop-down menu, and selected New HTML5 Skin.
  2. In the New Responsive HTML5 Skin modal, selected Indigo, and clicked the Done button.
  3. In the Output Presets, expanded the Responsive HTML5 meatball menu, and selected Edit.
  4. In the Layout tab, selected Indigo for the Skin field.
  5. Generated and viewed HTML5 output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for asking about the skin a second time, the joys of working off a tablet late in the evening!

Create a new project with just a few topics, no content needed. See how Indigo shows the breadcrumbs there.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I'll look into this, but we identified an issue with multilevel lists in Robohelp 2019 that's prompted us to switch to Robohelp 2019 Classic.

However, Classic is not able to render our multilevel lists when we generate output. Is there someone I can send some sample files to for troubleshooting assistance?

Thanks,

Christina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like you are trying to run a 2019 project in Classic, which can't be done.

There were some issues with lists in 2019 but they should be fixed if all updates are applied. Try selecting the lists, setting them to None so that they are not formatted as they were, then reapply the list with the updates applied.

If your CSS has code from earlier versions you may need to remove that from your CSS first and let RoboHelp write new code.

It's late here and I will not be around tomorrow. Post back how you get on and hopefully someone else can follow this up. I will look at any responses on Friday.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

To clarify, we created a brand new Classic project, and created the multilevel list using the Code Editor.

While Robohelp Classic renders the multilevel list in the Robohelp UI, it fails to do so in the HTML output. When I look at the code, I've noticed that there is no specification of the custom multilevel list class name.

Relative to Robohelp 2019, we are unable to get a custom multilevel list to switch between levels, like we can do in Robohelp Classic. As a result, if we need to specify a list with levels 1, 3, and 4, we are unable to do so. Rather, we have to specify levels 1, 2, 3, and 4. When we do so and attempt to delete level 2, we can't. However, we can do so in the Robohelp 2019 Classic UI.

Let me know what you recommend!

Thanks for all of your help,

Christina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have to set up a test to see if that can be done. Too late here to do that and I won't be around tomorrow. Unless someone else can offer a solution, try Adobe Support.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add one thing that I have just learned, make sure your list styles in the CSS are all lowercase. That will be fixed but right now it could cause problems.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter.

In Robohelp 2019, it's still blocking me from switching between levels. What I've noticed is that if I try to set up a list level structure of Level 1, 2, and 4, Robohelp won't process the switch but adds a <br> character.

Should I contact Adobe Support?

Many thanks for your help!

Best,

Christina

P.S. For setting line heights in multilevel lists, I'm guessing you use the Alignment > Line Height feature? If so, that's not working in the latest version. It's just applying it to the numbering, not the associated text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Normally I would take look and see if I can find a solution. Unfortunately

I can't this week so Support might be your best option.

That said I suspect this could be because of stricter enforcement of css rules.

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp