Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2019 launching but not displaying - 2020 tries to be default app

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 2019 was workng fine this morning.

When I click C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2019\RoboHelp.exe, it DOES launch but does not display on the monitor. 

If I check in Task Manager it says it's running. Also, if I toggle (alt+tab) I can see the launch page is there but cannot get it to display.

NB - I downloaded 2020 earlier this year but don't use or have a license for. This is now trying to be the default app for RH. 

Have rebooted the PC with no success. Any ideas how to fix this?   

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, clearly something changed if it was working & now it's not. If you're not using RH2020, then I would simplify things and uninstall it. Reboot & test the RH2019 launch again. If it still fails, I'd look at uninstalling RH2019 & reinstalling it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uninstalled and reinstalled and now it works. Only snag is that project files opened in 2020 don't compile correctly in 2019. The LHM is totally gone, even though all the files are there. Anyway, I have 2019 working so just have to make clean projects and start again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One common reason was RoboHelp was running on another screen. Various posts about that.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That could have been part of it. I have a 3 monitor setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp