Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2019 log file?

Participant ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Does RH2019 produce a log file when it is generating? If so, could someone tell me where it is stored please?

Am using RH2019 Classic, and all was going well until 30 minutes ago. I have been conditionalising some (simple) text and generating to Word, as well as making some other changes. All of a sudden, the generation process gets to "Updating files" and stops, then crashes. Every time.

I CAN generate to Word successfully when I don't use a Conditional Build Expression, but I was using one earlier and it worked fine.  I also CAN generate to HTML5. 

Definitely looks like it's something I have done this morning that has upset it - but I have no idea what and really could do with a log file that might give me a clue.

Any help gratefully received. Thanks

Laura

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this post:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/rh-2019-log-location-for-preset-generation/m-p/10747451

It says that logs are kept in "C:\Users\<user-name>\AppData\Local\Temp\RHTMP folder. Also after generating an output you can click view log (in context menu of preset) to view the file in RoboHelp."

Although I do have this folder, the files in it are not dated today and so am no closer to finding a log.  I don't understand what the poster meant by "click view log (in context menu of preset) to view the file in RoboHelp" either.

I have also found Peter Grainge's post about generating from the command line here:

https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/rh2019/outputs/rh2019_command_line.htm

As I am using the classic version, I had to replace the .rhpj with .xpj. I can't get this to work either, though have asked a friendly engineer to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the first link the poster is using 2019 New UI so any information there is irrelevant and the link to command line generation is also for 2019 New UI. You can't just change the file extension.

The fact that you have found old log files suggests you have found the correct location but the crash means no log file is getting created.

What are the "some other changes"? 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TBH I was clutching at any straw I could find!

I managed to get it to generate again by generating piecemeal until I found the rogue topic. Seems RH didn't like a table for some reason.

Thanks

Laura

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp