• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2019 Memory Leak While Editing Hyperlinks

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently upgraded to Robohelp 2019, and I've been converting our projects from previous versions. This was mostly fine, but one helpfile (our largest project - just over 1000 topics) is causing a significant drain on memory usage while using the new program (this was not an issue in Robohelp 2017 / 2019 Classic)

In terms of memory usage, when first opened I'm seeing the project using about 1.2GB of memory in task manager. At this point, while the memory usage is quite high, Robohelp is still very much usable. However, each time I try to add a hyperlink, edit an existing hyperlink or fix a broken link, a few things happen:

• The hyperlink pop-up is very slow to load (taking about 10 seconds before it renders).
  • The memory usage increases by 150-200 MB, and will not decrease, even after closing the pop-up.

After editing about 6 hyperlinks, the memory usage has increased to about 2.2 GB, and continues to rise each time the pop-up is loaded - the only way to reduce this is to restart the program.

I wasn't sure if this was just an issue with this particular project, so I've tried creating a new project with the steps below, and was able to replicate the same issue:

1. Add a new project.
  2. Add a few new topic pages / pdf files / bookmarks.
  3. Add links to a few of these topics / pdfs / bookmarks within the same page in the First Topic file.
  4. Copy the 'First Topic' file to make about 1000 duplicates.
  5. Open any topic, and load the 'Insert Hyperlink' pop-up a few times.

The memory leak is still present even if you skip steps 2 and 3, though these steps seem to increase the size of the leak.

Has anyone else seen this?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your RH2019 is all up to date, and you can reproduce the issue, log a bug in the Adobe Tracker & post the link back here for others to vote on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please confirm you have Update 10 applied.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks both.

I'm currently using update 10.

As per suggestion, I've reported this, the link is here:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-6508

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please try again with Update 11 applied. It should be OK now. Let us know how it goes.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp