• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2019 - PDF doesn't follow TOC

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently on my second evaluation of RoboHelp 2019 (new interface)-- I checked it out when it first came out, and it was missing so much functionality that it simply wasn't usable for my team. Things are definitely headed in the right direction, but I'm still stumbling over some curious issues. This particular one is a deal-breaker if I can't get it sorted.

In previous versions, when I created a PDF, it could be built exactly according to the project TOC, thanks largely to the functionality on the second page of the layout properties window, where I could control the chapter layout. This meant that I was able to have topics at various levels, and to include TOC book titles as headings where appropriate. In version 2019, this ability seems to have disappeared. The PDF ends up being a flat list of topics. While they're in the order dictated by the TOC, they're all at the top level. This renders the output essentially useless as a user's guide.

Am I missing anything here? If not, looks like my company will have to stay with version 2017, as there's no business case whatsoever for upgrading to 2019 Classic.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Hi MSCaroline​,

This issue has been resolved. TOC in the PDF will be as per the project TOC, currently it is based on the heading level. It will be available with update 6, due in march end.

Thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MSCaroline​,

This issue has been resolved. TOC in the PDF will be as per the project TOC, currently it is based on the heading level. It will be available with update 6, due in march end.

Thanks,

Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Vivek! RoboHelp 2019 continues to improve, and I look forward to the time when its feature set is complete enough that I can make the case for my company upgrading. Seems like it might be pretty soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2019 New UI 

2019.0.12 (Trial Version)

I  am having the same issue when I generate a PDF in RoboHelp 2019 New UI.  I don't see a tree structure in the PDF bookmarks that matches my TOC.  All topics are H1 and are grouped by folder.  The folders and the topics are all on the same level in the PDF bookmarks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear on the problem. A screenshot of what you are seeing and a description of what you expect to see where would help. Please use the camera icon above your reply to insert the screenshot.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My TOC in my RoboHelp project has a folder called "Home" and under it are 2 nested topics for "Login Help"and "Forgot Password."
When I produce HTML5 and CHM the topics appear properly nested under the Home parent folder.  When I produce PDF, they are not nested, but appear at the same level in the bookmarks.
PDFbookmarksFlat.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you look at the TOC in the PDF I think you will find that does show the nesting. The bookmarks are different. That's just a straight list of headings regardless of level.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter Grainge, I am having the same issue in RH 2020.7. The bookmarks are just a straight list of headings regardless of level, but I had a colleague create PDFs using RH10 in the past in which the bookmarks are nested just as the TOC is. How can I make my bookmarks nested like the classic version? Thanks!

RH10 TOC in PDF.jpg

RH2020.7 TOC in PDF.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this topic and look at the TOC Structure settings. Try changing those.

Layout

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter Grainge, the settings on your Layout page are the exact settings I have in my PDF output, and I have tried every possible combination in that Layout setting panel to no avail. RH2020 TOC settings.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wasn't suggesting the TOC setting shown. Rather to try whichever one you are not using. If your headings are set to H1 to H3, the second option should work.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp