Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2019 Related Topics Titles

Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you update a "Robohelp Classic" project to Robohelp 2019 the resulting related topics lists are populated by the filenames of the topics including any underscores. While you can set fonts and capitalization you cannot actually edit the Topic Title in the Related Topics Properties.

It seems the only way to correct the situation is to delete the topic from the Related Topics list and then add it back. When you add the topic back in the topics Title is used instead of the filename. It would be nice if it used the title during the conversion. Is there some way to get that to occur during the update?

In Robohelp Classic and previous versions of Robohelp you could edit the titles of topics included in the "Related Topics." This feature is lacking in Robohelp 2019. It would be nice to be able to do that.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

You can submit bugs and feature requests here: Tracker

Sometimes Adobe staff drop in, but mostly it's just us tech writers helping each other out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Related topic is upgraded to RH 2019 and titles of topics are shown in properties panel like:

You can add or delete any topic in this list.

Changing the title of a topic in related topic feature is not there in RH 2019.

Is it possible for you to change the topic title from content panel? What is the use case when you only want to change related topic title but not actual topic title?

Please let us know so that we can evaluate the use case.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surbhi_Maheshwari​ vikassingla​ One case for being able to change the text is when, for search purposes, we add extra text to the topic title, but don't include that text in the first heading in the topic, nor in the table of contents, nor in the related topic links.

For example, say we have two topics called "Create an account" - one is for Admin users and one is for General users and the procedure and screen is completely different. So that users can tell which topic they need to access when they use search, we change the topic title to include "(Admin User)" and "(General User)". But we don't want to include that information in the Related Topics because the text will be too long, repetitive and hard to see the key words. (This is just an example, mind, the actual case was a little more complicated).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

As Surbhi mentioned, the title for Related Topics is directly linked to the topic title itself. So, when you will preview the topic having related topics placeholder or publish it, it will show the titles of those related topics. Please let us know if there is need to add title explicitly for related topic link for your use case?

Regards,

Vikas Singla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looking at this again this morning, I'm not seeing what I saw yesterday. Now, when I upgrade an older project the "Related Topics" titles are coming through and not the filenames. I don't know what I did yesterday to see the "filename shows in related topic list" behavior, but it looks like it isn't really a problem.

Being able to edit the title within the Related Title list  is only useful to me IF the upgrade doesn't pass through the topic titles. Looking at again this morning, it doesn't seem to be the case. I don't know what was happening yesterday. My apologies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp