Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2019 - Restart Numbering in multilevel list

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have a numbering problem with multi-level lists. If I use a numbered list and between two numbered lines I want to insert a Paragraph style text. What happens is that the rest of the list after the Paragraph text automatically restarts at 1, which is not what I want. Is there a way to make it continue to 3 without having to set the restart numering.

See the example:
1. Instruction 1...
2. Instruction 2...
    IMPORTANT Do not delete the client ID.

3. Instruction 3 (I want to continue  to 3 without having to define the restart numbering, in fact just tell it to continue)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that you can't make that "IMPORTANT" line be a paragraph without messing up the numbering; it would have to be an unordered list (ul) with no disc/bullet being specified {list-style-type: none;}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok Thank you very much!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Shift Enter at the end of Instruction 2, type the paragraph, then press Enter.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think another way around it is to use soft-returns after #2 and then a hard return after the Important line - that would acheive the same effect too I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp