• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2019 search giving context and link too far down page

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're investigating switching to RH2019. In particular the search offers what our users have been repeatedly asking for in terms of auto fill, fuzzy logic etc.
The pages returned by the search are as expected. BUT the context displayed in the search results, and the place the page scrolls to on clicking the search link aren't what we want in many cases, and give a confusing result for users, such that we would stay with classic.

For example we have a page called Gardens , with heading 1 at the top "Private Gardens", and some high level text which would be appropriate as context.

However the context, and the place linked to by the search, is far deeper within the page and the displayed context potentially misleading about the overall content. I'm assuming it's going to where the density of the search word is the greatest.

It's cool to go to the 1st location of the search word on a page, but not the 20th or so instance of it!

Is there a way to make the search just return a link to the top of the page as per classic RH (or the first H1 or highest ranked instance)?
Is there a way to get rid of the context (as in RH classic?) I can sort of get round the context by putting a description on each page and displaying this, but I'd rather not have to!

thank you to anyone who knows...

robo_issue.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC there is (was) a way to add different text to a topic that didn't appear in the topic itself, to be used as the context - maybe something in the Topic Properties page? New style RH2019 may not have that available...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - this resolves part of the problem, that unexpected context is given in the string in teh search results - it is there in 2019 buried away. I still have the problem however that when you click on the link it's taking you to  2/3 of the way down the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue of scrolling part way down the page is know and will be fixed in an update.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great thank you Peter, I don't suppose you know when this is likely to happen?

Cheers, Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the future. 🙂

I am hopeful it will be in the next update but I don't have a date for that. I can only guess at in the next month or so.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp