• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2019 & Sharepoint 365

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few questions about setting up Sharepoint for source control in Robohelp 2019. At this stage, I'm just trying to see if I can get it to work with the sample projects included when you install Robohelp.

1. Are all versions of sharepoint included. My understanding is that we are using sharepoint 365, and that was not previously supported by robohelp.

2. To add a new project to sharepoint, would you manually copy the files over to sharepoint, and then download locally, or would you do a first checkin from your local version? I think in the previous version there was an option to add a project to source control, but I can't see that any more?

Long story short, I have a support ticket in with adobe for an application error I receive when trying to check files in. But I'm not sure if i'm just following the wrong process. Don't want to take up too many people's time on this, so if there's resources that explain the whole process from start to finish, I'm happy to nut it out myself. But I can't find anything obvious.

Thanks!

Anita

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anita!

1. SharePoint Online is currently supported by RoboHelp 2019 for version control.

2. Here are a brief description of the steps you have to do:

• Ensure you already have a top-level site or a child site created
  • Ensure you have a document library created and that you have versioning enabled
  • inside your document library, create a folder for your project
  • Create a connection profile under Collaborate
  • After saving the profile, go back to Collaborate->Add Project to
  • At this point, select the connection profile you just created
  • This will list the folder that you created earlier
  • Click that folder then click Select
  • This will upload your project to the library

We are still having issues with multi-authoring. Apparently, RoboHelp will not stop you from checking-out the same item at the same time. When it's time to commit the changes,RoboHelp will not warn you that there might be discrepancies between 2 versions. It will make you think the whole thing completed successfully but if you checked SharePoint, that item is still checked out to the first person who checked it out.

When this happens, changes by both authors are in limbo because RoboHelp thinks they're both committed and you won't be able to check your changes in.

Additionally, good luck getting any useful documentation from the Adobe. I  wasted several weeks trying to set this up in my environment because most Adobe's support team do not know how their products work at all in real enterprise set up. Their only documentation is an ideal set up where there are no enterprise securities in place like firewalls, anti-virus, etc.

This thread might be a good read for you as well Re: RoboHelp 2019 and SharePoint Online connection profile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK. not sure if it will help anyone. But after a couple of months... I think I have got somewhere. In addition to the notes posted above:

- the sharepoint URL you provide in the connection settings must be a Site Level URL. Can't be a subsite or whatever.

- you can't add your own document libraries. It is ONLY looking for the "Documents" document library that comes by default with a sharepoint site. And then, you must have a folder inside that library to select.

Hope this helps. It's all VERY mysterious!

Oh, also, count to 20 (at least) when you're making a connection profile, as the Save button takes a long time to activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp