Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2020.7.0 Microsoft HTML (chm) Output

Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I recently updated a large Help file from 2019 Classic to 2020. The html outputs work great. But I'm having issues with the chm output. I don't actually see Microsoft HTML as expected. It is still displaying chm.

juliannam27523423_0-1645822701261.png

After generating the output though, there are some layout issues. Many of the images are much smaller than in the help file and a few sentences start out with regular font and the rest is tiny font. Also, some of my tables are scrunched up vertically.

Any ideas about what might be causing this?

Thanks,

Julianna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apply Update 7 first. You can't do that from Help > Updates with 2020.0. See the forum Announcements on how to update from that initial version release.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

This is the version I currently have:

Moderator Note: Image deleted as it contains personal information. Current version shown as 2020.7.46

Thanks,

Julianna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the confusion over the version. 2020.7.0 was never released and I was thinking of 2020.0.nnn

On upgrade the name of the SSL in Classic is applied to the preset in the new UI. If you click the + icon you will be able to add a new Microsoft HTML output.

I have not seen those issues reported so it's difficult to suggest a solution. What I would try is:-

1. Generate one of the sample projects to check they work OK. That will tell you whether the issue is your project or the installation.
  2. Create a new preset and see if that makes a difference.
  3. Look at the source view of the topics to see if that explains it.

Let us know how you get on.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I wish I knew that I could add the Microsoft HTML! My output is working fine now.

Thanks!

Julianna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I spoke too soon in my last reply. I hadn't fully generated the output, I just viewed it and it looked good. But once I actually generated it has the smaller images again. I will try your other suggestions and see what happens.

Thanks,

Julianna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am putting this out here again in case anyone can help. I have spent three hours with a software engineer trying to figure out why the 2020.7.0 Microsoft html (chm) output makes all of the images in the file smaller, even though shape of the image are the same. 

Image styles were not created before doing this project. It has been around for years and upgraded to 2020. I have other web helps that are doing the same thing (they were created in 2019 new UI and then 2020 and output was fine for 2019). Many of table is this files are being scrunched up as well. 

Small:

Snag_1f3b4a20.png

For more perspective, here are the images compared to the images. Way out of proportion. Also, the table is is also scrunched in from the sides. In RoboHelp it's wider: 

juliannam27523423_2-1646339312537.png

Thanks in advance,

Julianna

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my previous post I meant images compared to the table. Not images to images....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a different output (like HTML5) with the same project, are things messed up in it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

The responsive html5 output works fine and is currentl online.

Thanks,

Julianna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your stylesheet have any entries in the Image Styles section with a % width defined? Or have you set a % width on individual images? That might cause the issue. Usually by default the chm window opens as a small size, and a % width means the image will resize to that percentage of the available chm window size as necessary. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at what I suggested earlier and what @Amebr has now suggested. If that does not help, import the rogue topic into a new project and test it to ensure it is still giving this issue. If it does, can you share the new project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amebr,

In answer to your reply:

"Does your stylesheet have any entries in the Image Styles section with a % width defined? Or have you set a % width on individual images? That might cause the issue. Usually by default the chm window opens as a small size, and a % width means the image will resize to that percentage of the available chm window size as necessary."

We did go through that and a number of other possible solutions. We've asked our engineers to start using the html5 output if possible. 

Thanks All!

Julianna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp