• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2020 duplication of asset folder in the output file

New Here ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Robohelp 2020 and 2022 project files, after generating output there is a files or output duplication in the Asset of output folder in the name of download. Why? 

Find the Attached GIF for referance.

Please provide the solution....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but the gif is too indistinct to follow. Perhaps a couple of screenshots? Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Seeing an image inline with the text makes it easier for anyone answering or viewing the post.

I could see you are using OneDrive. Quite a few posts on this forum about issues when using OneDrive. GoogleDrive seems to work OK but not OneDrive. I am not saying that is relevant here but it's worth try to generate to another folder outside OneDrive to check.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the inconvenience with the GIF file. Find the photos with indicated serial number which displays the output duplication inside the output.

The Duplication path is Output > Asset > Downloads > Contents > 
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

[EDIT - fixed up your post to stick the images in it & not attached to it as requested - moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the source the Contents panel should show "assets" and all your folders but not a Contents folder unless has set up a folder by that name. The output should assets and the other folders you see in the Contents panel, along with some other output folders.

You cannot generate to within the source so I cannot see how you would get duplication that way. Also the fourth image does not show a whx folder which should be in an output.

I think Step 1 here is to generate your output to a new folder and see what ends up there.

Then post back an image of the Contents panel and the Output folders.

You have mentioned two versions of RoboHelp. Please confirm you are not opening any one project in both versions. Also let us know which output type you are generating.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also see if you get the same issue with the About RoboHelp sample project.

RoboHelp creates two copies of the samples on installation. 

• The copy to use is put in My RoboHelp Projects in the Documents folder that Windows creates in your profile.
  • Another copy goes into Program Files and should never be run from there as Windows will block some of the functionality.  The idea of the copy in Program Files is that it is a clean back up if you need to replace the copy in Documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

Let me try to rephrase "ANJIL"'s question:

- When we "Generate the Webhelp output" from Robohelp and go to the folder that contains that output, under "assets", there's an extra folder there, named "Downloads". (i.e., ".\assets\Downloads")

Regardless its content (and to simplify the question), why is that folder for, and why is it being generated?
Is it for any kind of compatibility with other Internet browsers?

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but you can't say "regardless of its content". RoboHelp generates such folders as the output requires so something in your project is making use of what is in that folder.

I have posed a number of questions that aren't answered and they will help me answer. Please answer those and we can take it from there. In particular, if you generate one of the samples, you will not see that folder. That confirms it is a project issue rather than a RoboHelp issue.

What is in the folder might help identify the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your project contain files for end users to download? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you specify a PDF to Download in the frameless output preset, you'll get the download folder in your assets folder. This will contain the pdf file you specified. Theoretically that should be the only file included.

While I don't use the pdf feature, I have seen RH get overexcited in other scenarios and duplicate related folder structures. I haven't exactly worked out why, but in my case it seems to be related to relative hyperlinks, somehow. Maybe that explains the extra folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp