Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2020 fails to generate HTML files

Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

At my company we were using RoboHelp 2019 until just recently. Now that we are using RoboHelp 2020, we are trying to output HTML files, but are getting a message stating that the generation failed, with not details other than that. I am concernced that the move to RoboHelp 2020 has done something to the original project file.

Has anyone had any experience whree RoboHelp 2020 fails to generate output files/HTML, and have you figured out a way to make it work?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your 2019 project files are intact - upgrading to 2020 makes a copy of them.

Are you all patched up with the 4 (currently) patches out there?

What sort of issues are you facing? Going to need some specifics to be able to offer some suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Jeff_Coatsworth. Thanks for the quick reply! The good news is that I was able to output HTML from RoboHelp 2020, but I am noticing that LowerAlpha lists nested in Decimal lists are not displaying the correct letter.

The code is:

<p class="body" style="font-weight: bold;">To submit a task:</p>
<ol style="list-style: decimal;">
<li>Click the <span style="color:#0000ff;">Submit Task</span> link to open the Submit Task page.</li>
<li>Enter text in the Letter Body field as needed.</li>
<li>If including files, click Upload File to open a pop-up window.
<ol style="list-style: lower-alpha;">
<li>Select the Item from the drop-down list.</li>
<li>Enter a description in the text box.</li>
<li>Click Choose File OR use Drag &amp; Drop to select a file from your local drive.</li>
<li>Click Upload this File. (An uploaded file may be removed, using the <span style="color:#0000ff;">Remove</span> link on the main Submit Task page.)</li>
</ol>
</li>
<li>When finished, click Submit Task.</li>

But the generated HTML displays the LowerAlpha list as d., e., f., g., instead of a., b., c., d. (which is how it displays in RoboHelp2020.)

Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What point version of RH2020 are you running? I've not heard of a multi-level list appearing correctly in the project, but different in the output. Is it working in the sample projects? What preset are you using with your project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff_Coatsworth, U an rybbubg Versuibs 2020.4173. 

We are using the standard Responsive HTML5 preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

????

As to wrong numbering, click at the beginning of the text in the wrongly numbered item and look at Content Properties. There will be a Restart Numbering option there.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I translated that as "I am using Version".  😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my guess but even touch typing with your fingers misaligned doesn't give that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't be so hard on us. Even as a professional writer, sometimes in a stressful, multitasking environment typing is a challenge...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for letting me know, Peter. For some reason my text was translated or turned into gibberish. It should have read, "I am using version..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one is being hard but typo's are one thing... That was just unintelligble. 🙂

I had wondered if it was as Amber had guessed but by including the image in my answer it gave @Scott DeLugan a chance to say otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries. Did my suggestion fix the issue for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter. Thank you for checking in. Your help is greatly appreciated. Actually, come to find out, it seems to be a Firefox problem. The list displays correctly in Chrome and Edge, but in Firefox it displays the loweralpha starting with the wrong letter. Even odder, many coworkers are showing me screenshots that show the list displaying correctly in Firefox. They have cleared their cache, etc... I have cleared my cache, cookies, logins, etc... and am on the latest version of Firefox. My manager and I are the only ones that are seeing this list displaying incorrectly. I have not heard of anyone else having this issue with Firefox and HTML generated by Robohelp 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but nothing else to suggest. With all caches cleared, everyone should see the same. Any new unused machines laying around? 🙂

It does feel as some cache is not clearing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp