• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2020 Freezes after loading

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We currently use Robohelp 8 and are looking to upgrade. We have installed Robohelp 2020.7.46. When it first opened it was fine. We imported, edited, compiled etc. On the second open everthing seems locked or frozen and Nothing can be done. Robohelp has become a dead weight! Anyone any ideas?

Regards,
Dave.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have added we are using Windows 11...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install as an Admin with Admin rights to your machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the answer to @Jeff_Coatsworth question is yes, you need to determine if the issue is the installtion or the upgrade.

In Documents > My RoboHelp Projects you will find two sample projects. Open About RoboHelp and see if that has the same issue. If it does then it is likely you have an installation issue.

• Was RoboHelp installed to the machine using the default directory? 
  • Are you working directly on that machine?

It might also be worth contacting Support as there is a rare but not unknown combination of circumstances that might be causing this.

If the sample project is OK, then by default it seems likely it is your project. I would try creating a brand new project and creating some content there rather than bringing in your old content. I am only talking about a minimal amount of work, just a couple of topics.

Look into what I have suggested and then come back to let us know where you have got to.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for your reply. I think I have managed to fix it by Uninstalling Avast, adding Robohelp app to Allow through the Firewall rules and then reinstalling Avast. It now opens and runs fine. Thanks for your time!

I couldn't open any samples as the sofytware was previously dead. And yes I have Admin rights on the PC. But installed on my D:\ drive and not the default location.

Regards,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff / Peter,

Unfortunately I have turned my PC on this morning and it is back to being frozen at the New project / Open Project screen. I can't click on anything at all apart from the top menu - of which does nothing when anything is clicked on. More help would be appriciated, thanks.

Regards,

Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason you are installing it on your D drive rather than the default? I would try the default as I have seen issues reported, albeit a long time ago.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason is that I have a small M.2 drive for my C:\ drive that contains Windows OS, and a 2TB SSD for my programs / working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try it on the C drive if you can and see if that fixes the issue. The program files are 1.78gb.

After that I think you will have to go to Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

Let us know how you get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys, After more testing it seems that this is an account issue. I have registered RH under my email address but My Creative suite software is under the Company account. If I'm logged in to Creative Suite under the company account then RH doesn't licence as I'm not logged in to the registered email account. It simply sits there frozen. RH is NOT part of the creative suite and seems to get confused, and does not let you log out. You need to go to CS and log out, reboot and then log in to RH. What a faff! I think I will need to re-register RH under the Company account (if I can!).

Regards,

Dave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd suggest contacting support using the email address Peter provided. I think that will be your best bet for sorting it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp