• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 2020 Sample Project - Where is it?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen advice given in a few blogs to refer to the RoboHelp 2020 Sample Project. Can someone please advise how I access the sample project in version 2020.1.54. I cannot see any link in the Help menu item and am at a loss as to where to locate it. Thanks.

[Moved from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From memory there should be a couple of projects in your Documents folder under "My Robohelp Projects".

If not, or if you want to get a fresh copy, you can copy them from in the installation folders. For RH2019 by default it should be c:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2019\resources\data\template\projects. I imagine it's very similar for RH2020 but I can't check at the moment.

NOTE: Do not try to run the project in your installation directory. Copy them to a new location before opening in Robohelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Amebr. I don't have a 'Documents' folder on my C:/ drive, so I navigated to the other path you listed and found two there - 'About RoboHelp' and 'Compass Travel', so presume these are the correct ones.

Seems odd that there doesn't appear to be any way to access these sample projects from within RoboHelp itself... or maybe it's just how it has been installed on my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running a Mac? That's the only reason I could think you wouldn't have a Documents folder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, scratch that. You upgraded from RH2017 so you can't be a Mac. I can't even imagine how Windows could be installed without a Documents folder. Perhaps it's called My Documents, for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if Cathryn is looking in the C Drive and expecting to see a folder called Documents there?

It is in fact in your User folder but it's easier to find than digging down into that. Open File Explorer and and go to This PC. Under that you will see Documents. My RoboHelp Projects is in there.

image.png

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. You are correct, I was looking under the C Drive. I have found it under 'This PC' however, I have not been given permission to access the 'My RoboHelp Projects' folder by the administrators.... sigh. And I do not have the options to access the sample projects from the Starter Page in RoboHelp..... I'm wondering what else I might be missing.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also the sample are listed on the Starter Page that you see when you open RoboHelp unless you deleted them.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to sort that out with your IT guys as you need access to those projects and RoboHelp uses it as the default location for outputs.

Meantime you can get the information from https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/introduction/introduction.htm

However, that will not give you the project itself and that can be useful for trying things out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to find the Compass Travel project for RoboHelp 2020 as well. I don't have it in installation folders, in My documents, or on the startup page. I have searched the whole of my C drive and cant find it. I have the RoboHelp Classic sample projects:

jane_robs_0-1648735477066.png

but none of the new look ones. I've tried to find somewhere to download them but I can't find that either. Is there somewhere I can find these?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they're not in your c:\program files\.... installation folder, then that suggests that RH2020 wasn't installed properly - it should have been run (installed) as a local administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd because I shouldn't be able to install anything if not as administrator. It always asks. I downloaded it from Adobe about a month ago, ran as administrator and am using it????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you not seeing any sample projects or just one in particular? I wasn't clear about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None for recent installation of RoboHelp 2020. 

I see the sample projects from way back when when I installed RoboHelp 2019. I want the Compass Travel one in particular because the tutorial I'm watching now uses it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the dowload of the version page: Download RoboHelp (adobe.com)

I downloaded the latest version 7. There's nothing in the installation files containing sample projects. Does it download them from somewhere else when you install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I just tested with two other colleagues who hadn't yet got RoboHelp 2020 (they have RoboHelp 2019 installed and have the old sample projects from classic). They both ran as administrator, both didn't get any sample projects installed on their machines from the most recent download. Is there not just a copy of this project somewhere? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh now they tell me they have haha! They found it in the installation folder, templates etc etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given none of you seem to have the samples installed in your My Robohelp Projects folder, it might be worth raising a bug about it.

You can request features and report issues here: https://tracker.adobe.com/
Post the item number in the discussion so people can easily vote if they want the same functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For anyone else having this problem:-

• The copy in the installation folder assuming you install to the default folder will be found at C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2020\resources\data\template\projects\. Copy it from there to wherever you want. Windows does not allow it to run from there.
  • The working copy is installed by default to C:\Users\yourprofilename\Documents\My RoboHelp Projects. In File Explorer look in Documents.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp