• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2020 script to rename html files linked from FrameMaker 2020

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frame 2020 uses RH2019 components, but I need its output to blend into a Robohelp 2020 output using responsive help. When I import the Frame book into Robohelp, I cannot get Robohelp to honor the filename markers so that Robohelp uses the specific filenames I need. 

Does anyone know how to get Robohelp to honor the filename markers (I've used a custom marker and PageBreak markers, neither seem to work)?

Or, does anyone know how to use scripting to get RH to rename files? If I can get that to work, I can write a script to get the new filename from within the html files.

Robohelp 2020.7, FrameMaker 16.0.4

Thanks!

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite sure what you're trying to accomplish - are you importing FM content into an existing RH2020 project or a brand-new one? I don't think anything changed with the filename creation process when importing FM to RH (I could be wrong - haven't played with it for a while now).
Was this working before in earlier versions of FM/RH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to import a Frame manual into a new RH2020 project. I am looking to create html versions of 10+ manuals, plus localized versions, into a RH2020 help system as child projects. We have a RH2020 responsive help layout.

When I had Rh2017 for the master project, Frame 2017 used to output html such that I could use its published output (made using Frame's Publish commands) directly, and Frame could break its files into specifically-named html files using markers.

However, Frame 2020 does not generate responsive help compatible with RH2020 responsive outputs. It's kind of a rev. behind (which is understandable as the products are on different release schedules). So I can't just publish from Frame 2020 like I used to, and use the output directly - it's based on different html and js. Now when I try to make htmls from the manuals using RH2020, via import, and get the correct layout, I can only get default file names (like chaptername_#.htm or heading_text.htm). RH lets you break new html files based on a marker but does not use the marker content, as far as I can tell, to name the resultant file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, now I see - frankly, I've never heard of someone doing it that way before. Normally, you would either pull your FM content into RH and create output there OR take your FM content and create output directly; never using that output in a merged RH project.
As you've noticed, the FM publish engine is still using the RH2019 Classic mechanism (under the hood), so you could try doing this process (FM outputs into RH2019 Classic merged project) with a copy of RH2019 Classic. I believe your RH2020 subscription makes RH2019 available to you also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp