• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 2020 x Azure DevOps: Change credentials (user)

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 (20H2)

Robohelp Version: 2020.6.76

Hello,

I'll cut to the question at hand:

Can you change the user/domain being used when you use the Azure Devops VC. in Robohelp.

The Problem here is quite simple: The company uses two different networks and domains.

DevOps runs on Network-A and Robohelp on Network-B. Since Robohelp seems to only place the user, currently executing the programm, in the credentials (Domain-B/User) the login on the DevOps obviously does not work.

The DevOps is also being run On-Premise, meaning I am (appearantly) not be able to invite the User from Domain-B to the Devops as a workaround.

Visual Studio was no problem since it asked me for credentials.

Oh before I forget about it Domain-A's Azure DevOps can only be reached from Domain-A and Domain -B.

I tried for a while to alter the Credentials in the Manager or to figure out if creds.exe could help me with that, but I was not able to figure out anything usefull.

PS: Username is generic - tried to adjust it to something more fitting, but those apparently were already taken.

TOPICS
Version control

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not really seeing the problem - RH is working with source control using Azure (right?)
That location for the RH project files has to live someplace & RH has to know where it is to connect to it to be able to check out/check in files (right?)
The location for the project files in your source control system has to be in one place - so I don't quite understand your issue with 2 different domains, etc. If you want your copy of RH to talk to the source control location, it's got to have credentials to that location to access the RH files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply.

Sadly it does not work with Azure in this construct (so far).

The Client with Robohelp uses DomainB/User. That means in the credentials in Windows (set by RH) it will say:

Internet- or networkdaddress:
team:DomainA | DomainB\User
username: creds.exe
Password: ******
Duration: Local device

But DomainA is not connected to DomainB. Meaning: DomainA knows clients and users from DomainA only and DomainB only knows clients and users from DomainB.

So the user currently trying to authentificate is unkown to the DevOps server which results in a refused connection.

I hope I was able to explain it better this time.

PS: I also tried the following.

This one simply gets ignored by RH (makes sense, its not the user executing robohelp)

team:DomainA | DomainA\User
username: creds.exe
Duration: Local device​

And these also result in connection refused:

username: DomainA\User
username: user@DomainA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still don't think that this has anything to do with RH - it's all about users' credentials to your source control location. That's something you need to deal with outside of RH I suspect. Maybe you should ping the RH devs for their suggestions - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp