• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp Classic 2019 - links to images in subfolders are broken when compiling to Responsive layout

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My name is Michael and I am in charge with the Specification team for the IWS product (the same group as ISIWARE that build the NORMEA product).

I’m afraid the enclosed email had no answer from your tech support since December, 19th.

To sum up, NORMEA and IWS use the ROBOHELP 2019 classic version and we both use relative links to images such as ../../IMG/image.png in the source project.

When compiling the project (Responsive Layout), the « IMG » subfolder disappears thus it breaks the links.

We get no answers from the "Adobe Technical Communication".

If someone knows a workaround or a fix we would appreciate.

Michaël

TOPICS
Classic , RoboHelp server

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Your refer to "your tech support". This is essentially a user to user forum so Adobe would not normally see this. How have you tried to contact support? Emails cannot be attached so your email didn't make it here. techcomm@adobe.com is the email address.

1. Turning to the actual problem, is this something that was working and has started misbehaving or is it something that has been a problem all along with the project?
  2. Is there any source control involved?
  3. Does the folder with the images still appear in Project Manager?
  4. If it does, are the images there and do they have red crosses against them?
  5. Have you tried the old trick of deleting the CPD file and then reopening the project?

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  Images will show in generate output but will show the image container (not the actual image) when published to the server (IIS).  It appears if the image is jpeg format it happens often. If I replace the image with a png an re-publish it will then show.  The topic was converted from a Word(x) document. The word conversation is OK, I can see the image when editting the content.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same questions really but maybe this is worth a try. It shouldn't be necessary but try adding the images that go AWOL as a baggage file.

Also if it is all JPG/JPEG files, check with IT. Do they have to allow specific file types and are those allowed. Not sure here but I have seen issues with other file types.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,  Thanks for the reply.  I am new to RoboHelp and would to know where I should look for "baggage file".  All file types are allowed including JPG/JPEG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter I failed to mention that I am using the New UI in 2019.  Where is that on the new UI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The answer is in the RoboHelp Reimagined sample project that ships with 2019. Essentially you add it to the TOC and check the Hide in Output check box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp