• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp: How to add a Subtopic in the TOC. The Subtopic is a hyperlink and appears on the Main page

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Robohelp: How to add a Subtopic in the TOC. The Subtopic is a hyperlink and appears on the Main page

TOC contain Introduction. But I also need List of API in the TOC. how do i add this?

Capture.JPG

Requesting someone to help me with this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Ah, in that case, I think you want to apply a Bookmark to the location of the "List of API" reference in that Introduction topic & then do a New > Page in the TOC to make a Page Destination point to the bookmark reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of RH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp 2019

Version: 14.0.11.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually i want to add a hyperlinked topic in the main page in the TOC as shown in the image. I want to add List of API in the TOC.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, should have expanded that - Classic or New UI version of RH2019? 
I'm not sure what you're asking for - do you want to see the contents of the destination where that link for "List of API" is pointing to? Is the "List of API" link just a hyperlink on the Introduction topic page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Classic verison of RH2019. 

Capture.JPG

I want to add the hyperlinked topic "List of API" on the Introduction topic page in the TOC and Index?

Detail: On the Introduction page, there is a hyperlinked topic called "List of API". List of API is a relative link.

I want to add "List of API" in the TOC so that the user can find this topic immediately by clicking on the TOC and they donot have to scroll throgh the complete Introduction page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If "List of API" is already a topic in the project, then you can edit your TOC, right-click and add a New Page that links to the "List of API" topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, "List of API" is not a topic in the project. It is a subtopic in the Introduction page. The details of API appear in the Introduction page itself . The Intro page has lots of content so the user donot want to scroll in the introduction page neither they are interested in using the hyperlink...they want to access this topic directly from the TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, in that case, I think you want to apply a Bookmark to the location of the "List of API" reference in that Introduction topic & then do a New > Page in the TOC to make a Page Destination point to the bookmark reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeff. 

I added the subtopic. Thanks a lot!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

One more question.

• I bookmarked the subtopic and added the subtopic in the TOC.
  • I generated the CHM and tried the print topic option as shown below:
  • Capture.JPG
  • I am getting a script error as shown below:
  • Capture.JPG
  • When i remove the subtopic from the TOC and try the print topic option in CHM. i donot get this script error.

Please let me know how to fix this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, CHM output is sooooo old I have no idea what could be wrong with that function. What happens when you say "Yes" to the dialog? Does it continue & work then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it works...But ideally this script error should not appear..But i am unable to figure out the issue..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm, ideally you wouldn't be using such antique output - you could try the RH folks, but highly doubt they would have a fix for discontinued MS technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh! I din't know that CHM is a antique output 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you..

Moderator: Please remove disclaimer if you can when replying by email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That dialog has caused similar issues for decades.

This topic will explain the different output types for you. Outputs General (grainge.org)

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peter and Jeff. I will check the links shared.  

So I just wanted to check again - is there any way to fix this issue.  As I said I want to add subtopic which is bookmarked in the TOC and i donot want this error to occur in the CHM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp