• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp HTML5 output not working on current iPhones, iPads, Macs

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently noticed that my HTML5 output wasn't working on iPhone, iPad, and macOS Safari.

First I thought something was wrong with my own scripts, but after some digging, I found that it's a bug in the native RH JS files.

That means that none of your HTML5 RoboHelp projects will work properly on current iPhones, iPads, and Macs (= devices running iOS 10 or macOS Sierra).

This is a major bug that should be addressed as soon as possible. The bug has already been filed by Alexandra Duffy one month ago, but it is still "Unverified": Bug#4192629 - Safari 10 update has caused HTML5 Help from RH to stop working​.

Luckily enough, Edward Doris has already posted a bugfix in the above bug report. It seems to solve the problem on all devices. However, implementing the bugfix requires advanced JS knowledge.

Please provide an official bugfix as soon as possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last version I have is: 12.0.4.460 ​So it seems you have an older build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops.. Didn't see you pop in there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL. Better two answers than none, right? 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rats. When I went to Help > Updates, I see this:2016-11-07_9-43-30.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get anything happening if you go via Files > Help > Updates or is just the same screen (I can't tell since I haven't got RH2015 installed yet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same screen using that navigation path…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rats - any corporate IT things in place blocking you? Anti-virus, firewalls, etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discussed this situation with the Security dude that sits near me. While we don't see anything that would visually tell us the update is being blocked, he is going to check the logs in a few minutes to be certain.

Is there another place where I can download the update? I just checked  Adobe - Support : RoboHelp Support Center : Service Releases  and it is still not showing the update. I'm not certain that is where I should be looking as that site has a lot of broken links:

2016-11-07_10-31-15.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine seems to be showing this:

tmp2.png

So it would appear you need to update.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

I need this update to fix the iOS device problem, but I do not want to lose control over shutting off TOC, Index and Glossary panes. I had to roll back to Rel. 3 to remedy that problem.

( Bug#4196415 - Cannot turn off index, glossary, filter in RH 2015 rel 4 , Bug#4196414 - Unable to turn off icons , Bug#4196174 - Cant hide Glossary, Index, and Filter icons )

Is this also fixed in 12.0.4.460? I do not want to install the update only to find that I need to repeat the whole rollback process.

Thanks, Jeanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just as a wrap-up to this (from my POV), I came in to work yesterday (Tuesday, 11/8) and checked File > Help > Updates and the update was available. I installed it, recompiled, reviewed each page, and then told the Dev who had reported the issue to me on 11/1, that I had recompiled the help and to view the help system on Safari 10.0.1. He reported back that it did not have the same issue so from my perspective, the update resolved the issue.

Have a good day.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Abishek. Would be great if you could update the downloadable original JS files (js-files.zip) as well.

(It might be helpful to include a version number for that file, e.g. js-files-v2.zip, so users can easily check if the files have been updated.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provided you can get this update (12.0.4.460), I tested it on Safari 10 and it works now.

I was able to get it through Files > Help > Updates.

Alexandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, I haven't been able to access the update... Sigh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp