• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Individual license

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm currently using the individual license of Robohelp and I'm the sole Technical Writer in my company. I'm kind of new to using the product and I was wondering if I can publish my documentation online using the Individual license or if I need to upgrade to the VIP license. Because when I tried Frameless or HTML publishing, it said it is published as a local or shared file. Also, the review function does not seem to work under the Individual license. Any help regarding the differences between licenses is very much needed. Thank you. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

An individual licence entitles you alone to use RoboHelp to create the outputs. You alone can use it on two machines, you cannot use RoboHelp on one machine while someone else uses RoboHelp on the other machine.

There are other licences for multiple authors but you have to do the arithmetic to decide which works best.

An output can be installed on any number of machines locally or it can be put on a server for anyone to view. The RoboHelp Tour Introduction (grainge.org) is an example of a fr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An individual licence entitles you alone to use RoboHelp to create the outputs. You alone can use it on two machines, you cannot use RoboHelp on one machine while someone else uses RoboHelp on the other machine.

There are other licences for multiple authors but you have to do the arithmetic to decide which works best.

An output can be installed on any number of machines locally or it can be put on a server for anyone to view. The RoboHelp Tour Introduction (grainge.org) is an example of a frameless output on a server that anyone can view.

There you will find a lot of information about using RoboHelp including the outputs to which you refer.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! is the review function available under the individual license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I missed that. Yes it is. I'm guessing the problem is you are not seeing the Review Tab, just the Author and Output.

You have to select it in Edit > Preferences > User Interface.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thuraya27330953pnxi_0-1671362605631.png

I can see the tab, but it keeps saying "getting your link ready" after clicking on the Share button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to the Help menu and let me know exactly which version you are using.

You don't appear to have invited anyone. They must have an Adobe account. They do not need any Adobe product, just an account. See the topic in the RoboHelp Tour about Reviewing.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's version 2022.0.346

Thuraya27330953pnxi_0-1671364764763.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the latest so that's not it. See if the topic helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've searched the community and I saw your post in another discussion that Creative Cloud Desktop needs to be installed for this feature to work. I installed it and now it's working fine. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp