• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp Merge Specific Search Functionality

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m currently using Robohelp Classic 19 merge project function. Our Merge project consist of six child projects nested in one parent project, with future plans of expanding to several other child projects as well. Is there a way to configure it, where it will isolate the search functionality to search in only a specific child project within the parent project? We are trying to avoid users getting multiple hits on search keywords, when they may only need to be looking at information as it pertains to one of the child projects.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way you will do that is to use a tool search as ZoomSearch. You would need a page linking to the search for each project. It's a lot of work and when you upgrade to the New UI versions of RoboHelp it would be more difficult to suppress RoboHelp's own search. I wouldn't recommend doing what you suggest but if you want to give a go see Zoomsearch 7 in RoboHelp (grainge.org). There's a later version of Zoomsearch but the method will be the same.

The search on my site uses Zoomsearch. The page that gets opened in your case would link to different searches.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could look at Dynamic Content Filters. The idea is you would tag all topics in each project with a tag for each project (Child1 topics get tagged with Child1 for example), set up the filter and then in the output users would select which child help they wanted to look at. I'm linking to the RH2015 help because the file shipped with Classic 2019 is for RH10 which didn't have dynamic content filters. \_0_/

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/robohelp/2015/robohtml/index.html#t=book%2Frob_layouts_la%2FGenerate_dy...

You might want to test out the theory on a small test project first. I think Peter has a sample merge setup you could download and use as a base.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Amebr Good call. Dynamic Content Filtering would limit the search to a specific project as long as the user knows they have to select the filter. It takes a bit more setup in a merge but it would work. There is a small bug but I describe how to overcome that. Try it in the download.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp