• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Mixed Version Environment

Enthusiast ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overarching question - what's the ETA on update 7 availability?

While onboarding a fellow employee, he installed RH 2020.6. Our other staff are intentionally running 2020.5 to avoid the merged output string search issue in 2020.6 (reportedly resolved in the upcoming 2020.7). All our RH projects are shared via Git repos. Now, we get version compatibility warnings when working in a project.

Other than the warning message, it appears that RH works - both project work in RH and generated output. We've generated and updated a few child outputs in a user-facing enviro (before we identified this issue), and string search still appears to work. We have NOT generated and updated the parent output. I'm guessing that we'll be okay so long as my co-worker doesn't generate and update the parent output with his 2020.6. 

Trying to determine the best, immediate, course of action regarding the mixed enviro:

• Option 1: Wait for 2020.7 to get everyone on the same verison. (Delegate build and update tasks to only staff running 2020.5 in the meantime.)
  • Option 2: Uninstall 2020.6 on co-worker's machine, install 2020.5, use version control to restore the 2020.5 metadata inside any/all topics.  
  • Option 3: Else?

Thoughts?

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Adobe can answer that and historically they do not give exact dates. I do believe it will be very soon.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. Just looking for guidance on whether we should "limp along" in our current environment (single 2020.6 user can update and create new topics, while 2020.5 users ignore warning (image below) and generate output) or invest the time trying to dig ourselves out of this so we're all running 2020.5.

warning.png

And I was mistaken - the RH update version does not appear in each topic's metadata/header, only the main version (2020) is recorded there for each topic. The specific update info, e.g., 2020.5, is written to the RHPJ file (and possibly other system/app files). So getting our one co-worker back on 2020.5 may not be as big an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update.

I looked at some of our projects in the Git repos. From a project standpoint, only the RHPJ and SKN files were updated (2020.5 was changed to 2020.6 for all; that's it) when our new staff member with 2020.6 connected/opened the projects for the first time. 

Based on this, I *think* we should be okay so long as only those of us with 2020.5 perform output generation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can download the patch versions here, if you want to downgrade your one user:

https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/robohelp-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp