• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Patch Downgrade Procedure from version 12.0.2.428 to 12.0.2.384.

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My company is using RoboHelp since three years with four user licenses. We have 4 Product Help files written in RoboHelp, which is a huge write-up. We use the RoboSource Control to check in all our Source files. The version that was installed and last upgraded onto one of my team member's system was 12.0.2.384. This version is being used since three years.

Recently three more writers joined the company and installed RoboHelp. By default, an upgraded version 12.0.2.428 has been installed on the three systems.

Since one system comprises of the downgraded version which is being used for three years, my manager is more comfortable with the older version and feels riskier to upgrade to the higher version, as she is worried that the help files may comprise of broken links if upgraded. The write-up is also huge, and we do not have enough bandwidth to resolve any broken links or any other kind of issues.

Also, it is riskier to depend on only one system comprising of the downgraded version to build (merge) all the files to one.

Request you to let me know the patch downgrade procedure from version 12.0.2.428 to 12.0.2.384.

I tried following the patch downgrade procedure available in the site "https://www.wvanweelden.eu/articles/downgrade-robohelp-project." But this did not help.

Thanks and Regards,

Sree

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Willam's instructions are more about downgrading a whole version rather than a patch.

The way to drop back to a previous patch is to uninstall and reinstall again. Then avoid use the Update menu option and go to Adobe - Support : RoboHelp Support Center : Service Releases where you can choose the highest patch you want. The problem in your case is you also want to specify a build version and that is not an option. I believe that was because the earlier build had an issue so really nobody should be on it.

I have to say that I disagree with your manager although I do understand her caution. Given what you want cannot be achieved, I would approach the whole thing in a different way, especially as the whole point of the patches is to fix known issues. I would go to each machine that has a project and create a zipped copy of each project. I would then put a copy of the zips on one machine and upgrade that to the very latest patch. Unzip each project, upgrade it and test.

I think the only issue seen in upgrading to a later patch was later found to be because of something unique to the workflow or the environment. My expectation is that no problems will be encountered. You have the fallback that if they are, then you have the original projects and zipped copies on the original machines so nothing lost.

My take is you are running more risk of hitting issues by not upgrading but of course I cannot give you any guarantee.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe we mailed about this issue as well. The easiest way to downgrade a patch is to put the minorversion to 0. If you get an upgrade message, simply upgrade the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that I misunderstood the issue. If it is about the RoboHelp version installed, the only way I can think of is what Peter indicates: uninstall and reinstall RoboHelp. Just avoid installing the patches.

Though the patches contain several enhancements for the output that you may want to include though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No don't avoid the patches, rather only install what you want from the link

I gave. Don't use the menu option as I think that will just apply 4 as it

contains all the others.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp