RoboHelp :: Ratings & Feedback Features

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dears,

I have two questions:

The first one:

Does RoboHelp support the "Ratings & Feedback" features? If yes, which version and where can I find this?

The second one:

What are the differences between ProProf and RoboHelp tools?

Thanks,

Muna Al-Azzeh.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's "ProProf"? Never heard of that one...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't heard of ProProf either. Did a brief google search and if what I've found is what is being talked about, it's some kind of quizzing software or service?

And if this is correct, I'm stumped as to how anyone would confuse it with RoboHelp.

To try and answer the second question, if what I saw was accurate, RoboHelp is simply a nice delivery platform for organizing and presenting helpful content. ProProf appears to be a platform allowing you to create quizzes to test the knowledge of users.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To answer the first question about ratings. Why?

In a help system, all topics are equal, no? So if someone gives a topic five stars, what do you do with this topic? Put some kind of award on it? What purpose would it serve?

Say you have 1,000 topics in your help system. Perhaps four or five of them are constantly hit and get five stars. But there are one or two that are extremely seldom hit, yet provide EXACTLY the solution for a very specific condition. Would you consider deleting these topics because they somehow failed to get enough "likes"? Seems to me that those topics are the most important.

From my own perspective, these "rating" type things are nothing but fluff novelty that never really add anything helpful.

Indeed RoboHelp did or does offer an output feature that offers this kind of thing. I'm not thinking it ever took off. The output is called "AIR Help". I'm not sure, but I think that in order to use those features, it has to be used in conjunction with another Adobe product called "RoboHelp Server". I'm unsure about future viability should you decide to start using it. You would likely be painting yourself into an awful corner.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp