Exit

RoboHelp Search removes drop-down header

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On one page I have the following drop-down headers:

Gurpreet26309129ncjg_0-1664769624464.png

If I search "animation end", words from which are found in a few of the drop-down sections, the user sees this once they click on the search result:

Gurpreet26309129ncjg_1-1664769668968.png

This happens with the Responsive HTML5 output that is hosted on a server.

Without the server, it works properly, showing all the drop-down headers:

Gurpreet26309129ncjg_2-1664769710177.png

Why is this happening? How can this be investigated/fixed?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is one you will need to take up with Adobe Support. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've submitted a bug report just now. Thanks Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Submitted a bug report: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-11124

Replying as I can't find a way to edit my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why create a  bug report? My suggestion was to go to Support where you should get a reply. Bugs will get looked at but over a much longer timescale.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah okay, I didn't realise the difference of what you were proposing. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're saying that it fails when on the server, but works locally, that would indicate that you are missing some files on the server. Have you cleared off all the output files from the server & re-transferred the local files again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, will try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, are you up to date with patches? 2020.8 was the last one for RH2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am, yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However I haven't checked if the version the server team uses to build the manual is up-to-date... I'll get that checked, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Gurpreet,

This issue has already been fixed as part of Update 8 of RH 2020. If you are generating output from any previous version, you might face this issue.

Can you please confirm your RoboHelp version which has been used to generate the output?

If you are facing the issue with Update 8 as well, we can connect over a call to see it further. 

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp