Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Server 10 : Test Connection to local SQL BD keep failing using JDBC

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi team, 

I'am currently trying to migrate our RH application from v9 to v10 ! We backed-up and restored our prod DB on a test environnement, we installed RH10 on a win2019 server and also SQL2014 on same server ! 

When trying to test the connection to the local database it's not working ! Always we get a Connection Failed error message ! 

What is surprising is that we got connection successful to the same sql express DB by using TestDatabase.udl application. 

We also followed the recommendation mentionned above on this discussion but no chance : 

Database URL  ----- >      jdbc:sqlserver://localhost

Database User Name ------>      <your username>

Database Password           ------>      <your pwd>

JDBC Driver Class           ------>      com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

JDBC Driver Path           ------>      "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\lib\mssql-jdbc-9.4.0.jre8.jar"

Any suggestion please ? I asked the support for assistance but it's taking a long time and no answer for the moment ! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you e-mail them? See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff, Thank you. For sure i'am already dealing with adobe support and i was here to try to enlarge my chance to solve my issue. Will keep you posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I finally solved my issue ! If anyone need info i can publish them asap ! 

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We appreciated the offer, metro5E8A. I think your solution would be welcomed by those still using Rh Server 10

Thanks!

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK guys, so here is what i did for making it working ! 

It's not very straighforward even more if you are not familiar with Middleware side and how it interacts with Databases !

First, all will depend on which version of RH and DB you are using ! On my case i'am using this infra details : 

- Win server 2019 Virtual machine

- SQL Express 2019 on same VM

RH11 Configuration parameters that works for me : 

Note that for JDBC Driver Path, the 3 bellow .jar file has been tested successfully !

DB URL : jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;DatabaseName=dbname
JDBC Driver Class : com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
JDBC Driver Path : 

• "C:\Program Files\Microsoft JDBC Driver 6.0 for SQL Server\sqljdbc_6.0\enu\jre7\sqljdbc41.jar"
  • "C:\Program Files\Microsoft JDBC Driver 6.0 for SQL Server\sqljdbc_6.0\enu\jre8\sqljdbc42.jar"
  • "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\lib\mssql-jdbc-9.4.0.jre8.jar"

Connexion pool size : default (100)

Warning : If you still face failed connectivity issue with your DB, please check apache tomcat lof file, you may find here some interesting information ! 

So, make sure of following,

• Check tomcat log file to find if any issue is mentioned
    • Log path: "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\logs\<yourcontext>server.log"
    • You may find issue related to TLS or another topic, like following

Error: "The server selected protocol version TLS10 is not accepted by client preferences [TLS12]".

[WARN] Thread-6 adobe.<yourcontext>.server.db.DatabaseManager - java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver'

• SQL Server 2019 and win 2019 is compatible with TLS1.2, if you want for test purposes to allow former deprecated protocols, you have to configure the server and also the java security file. (RH10 with SQL Express 2014 for example need TLS1.0! )
  • Java security file modification: "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_311\lib\security\java.security"

# Example:
# jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms=MD5, SSLv3, DSA, RSA keySize < 2048, \
# rsa_pkcs1_sha1
jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms=SSLv3, RC4, DES, MD5withRSA, \
DH keySize < 1024, EC keySize < 224, 3DES_EDE_CBC, anon, NULL, \
include jdk.disabled.namedCurves

Erase protcol that you want to enable from the pan above!

• Server TLS protocol:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Protocols

This should fix your issue ! 

Other configuration items when you use LDAP feature for setting Robohelp default admin account are mentionned bellow : 

LDAP server url : ldap://yourcompany.com:389
Base node for user search : ou=users,ou=dept,dc=grp,dc=mycompany,dc=com
Base node for group search : OU=Users,OU=dept,DC=grp,DC=mycompany,DC=com
User ID attr Name : cn
Group ID attr name : cn
Grp Member Attr : member

Search :
Username : cn=robohelp_user,ou=users,ou=dept,dc=grp,dc=mycompany,dc=com
Password : YourP@assword!

Appendix : 

Knowledge Base Solution - How do I determine which version or edition of Microsoft® SQL Server is in...

KB3135244 - TLS 1.2 support for Microsoft SQL Server

DBeaver: SqlServer: The server selected protocol version TLS10 is not accepted by client preferences...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp