• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp Server 11 Trial

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to setup RH Server 11 to test out its functions before recommending for use.  I see that the operating system requirements list several versions of Windows Server.  I was hoping I could just install on a Windows 10 pc I have just for testing purposes.  The install seems to work fine, but when I try to access the web admin, I am unable to log in with any user/pw I try.

Does anyone know if I am just totally barking up the wrong tree here?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Hi John. Installing on a PC is not a problem. Actually I advise doing this to familiarize yourself before deploying on a "real" server. It looks like you are on the right track, but perhaps missing a few items. You might want to look at a video I prepared for Adobe here:

https://breezetraining.adobeconnect.com/_a15977034/robohelp-server/

A couple of questions:

Have you installed all the updates?
Have you successfully installed Tomcat server?

Have you clicked on the Configuration Manager icon to selec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a Rh Server user but my understanding is that it is designed to only run on servers where the RoboHelp output resides.

I believe there may be a way of installing it on a local PC for test purposes and I will reach out to someone who may have done that. However, what would be the point of installing it locally? Rh Server is designed reside where help users will access it and that will not be your PC.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John. Installing on a PC is not a problem. Actually I advise doing this to familiarize yourself before deploying on a "real" server. It looks like you are on the right track, but perhaps missing a few items. You might want to look at a video I prepared for Adobe here:

https://breezetraining.adobeconnect.com/_a15977034/robohelp-server/

A couple of questions:

Have you installed all the updates?
Have you successfully installed Tomcat server?

Have you clicked on the Configuration Manager icon to select the built-in database? This is usually where folks get stymied.

Take a look at the video and let me know where you are in the process and I'll try to fill in any gaps.

Meanwhile, thanks to Peter Grainge for alerting me to your query.

Thanks

John Daigle
Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter, thank you for putting me in touch with John Daigle.

John... this is a great video and already helped me identify some mistakes I made during installation.  I will go though the video more thuroughly as I am sure there is more for me to learn.  

As you say, I am installing on a local pc to get some hands on experience with RH Server before deciding if I should recomend using.

Thank you both so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp