• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp Tour - Many thanks, Peter

Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your tour, Peter. It provides a really useful overview of the changes in RH2019. (One could wish the official content was as thorough. )

RoboHelp Tour

I do have one question. Is Robohelp Classic the same as RH2017, or is it RH2017 plus some changes? I assume the former, but just hoping to confirm.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter! Especially for the "Anything I Need to Know First?" section, which showed that an upgrade is absolutely a no-go for my company yet due to the lack of command line generation and Word output

For anyone else who is interested, note that Peter's tour is also delivered as a sample called RoboHelp Reimagined in the RH 2019 install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst there are features that will affect some users, there are two things to take into account.

Adobe have assured the beta testers that the missing features will be added in a series of rapid updates. The new UI is going to take some getting used to so the interim period can be used for the learning curve.

2019 does not upgrade your old project in the usual way. Instead it creates a copy of that so you can do your production work using 2019 Classic while you learn how 2019 itself works.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the best of my knowledge it is 2017 plus bug fixes.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that at least the whthost.js file delivered in RoboHelp 2019 Classic is updated with the fix for the Chrome TOC issue. (I haven't generated the help, but the syntax in the file is the correct one.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But unfortunately TOC in a merged Responsive HTML5 still does not synchronize with browse sequence in IE11.

Or did I miss something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Steffen I do know working on the merged help is planned for one of the early updates.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

thank you for your answer. These are good news.

Large companies still use IE11 and it would be great to have that fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp