• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp Translation Question

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an extensive document that I have inherited (6000+ topics in several publications) that is authored in English (US)
One of our subsidiaries has translated each topic individually into German by copying and editing the project  and manually overtyping the content to create a whole new Robohelp project. I am now trying to fix this issue and do the job properly.

Is there a way to bring these files back into my original project so I can then use the Translations panel to manage any further work that will be needed (without converting them all to XLIF)? I have tried linking to an existing project but that did not capture the translated files. I then assumed that if I created a translation project and then overwrote the content with my German project, the original file would recognize and accept the update, but this has not worked.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reached out to some contacts to see if anything is possible. 

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about a merged projects scenario?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff_Coatsworth Not sure I would go there partly because future updates will be more difficult but mostly because of the search language.

Someone at Adobe has been tasked to look at the issue.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

We need some information to understand the scenario. 

1. Could you please confirm if you have the original version of your project in English? If yes, then you can directly tranlsate whole project in German at once using manual or machine translation. 

2. Are you trying to correct the already translated topics in German? 

3. When you tried "Linking to an existing project" option. What did not worked?  

Thanks,

Pankhuri 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Andy Snape 
Could you drop your availablity on tcssup@adobe.com 
Please share your time zone also so that we can align the session to discuss this issue.

Looking forward to your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the UK, this project has been de-prioritixed for three months because of this issue. Can we arrange to meet at the start of May?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do make sure you email the address Amit provided, as well, as that will go to a team in case they're not available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Could you please confirm if you have the original version of your project in English? If yes, then you can directly tranlsate whole project in German at once using manual or machine translation. 

Yes, I have the original English version and the translated German version. I do not want to re-translate something that hasd already be translated, especially because there are several technical words in the projects that do not translate properly when using machine transalation.

2. Are you trying to correct the already translated topics in German? 

Yes, I want the two versions of the project to be linked so that I can translated only updated or edited documents.

3. When you tried "Linking to an existing project" option. What did not worked?  

Nothing worked.  The topics did not link and were not incorporated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp