• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp2015 WebHelp: Context sensitive help using URL to link to topic from online help

Participant ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In my new job, the company has created a screen details page for every screen in the software application. To connect to help for a specific screen you enter the URL for each topic in the appropriate screen within the system. I found a excellent answer to this issue on the Forum which was very helpful.

Background: The whole WebHelp project file will be located in a central location where all customers access the help, rather than the help file living locally at each location. There are two levels of help buttons in the software: one I'll be using the access the entire help project from the main page; the other icon which is on the screen itself I will use to display the screen's specific help topic.

My question: I have created many topics before I understood how they manage the context sensitivity. If there are links to other topics when a screen-specific topic is displayed, will the links to the other topics work? Will the Back button return to the specific screen topic?

Any recommendations for setting this up in Robohelp? I set the first module as task based and now it seems I'm moving to screen-based.

Thanks in advance for helping me.

MDawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2016 Apr 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

When you point to a specific topic in RoboHelp, nothing is affected or impeded as far as any links go. As long as the link is valid and would work just fine when you open the help system generically the link would still function properly.

As far as the Back button goes, I would expect it to function normally as well and return the user to the last page they were on before clicking the link that took them away.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp