• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp2015 won't import FM 2015 book

Participant ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to start a new project by importing a FM2015 book, and it's taking forever and also opening multiple copies of FM while scanning the files. Eventually, it just stops responding and I have to kill RoboHelp using the Windows task manager. It does this whether or not the book is already open in FM.

I don't remember having so much trouble trying to start a new project with previous versions. What's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing – are you completely patched up on both sides? There’s been a few patches for both FM2015 & RH2015. If you’re completely up to date, are you trying to import a FM book-of-books structure? I found during the FM2015 beta that the integration between FM & RH failed terribly when presented with a big book-of-many-sub-books structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that I am completely patched up but will check RoboHelp updates to be sure. The book is only 143 pages long no sub books. So if RoboHelp wants to open FM, then I let it and I open the files within the book. It doesn't seem to know what it's doing, because after a few minutes, it wants to open FM again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I  disabled "run as an administrator" for FM and RoboHelp opened FM with no problem. Seemed to be going fine file 14 of 33 converting and then RH crashed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might be something that it’s hit & is choking on – try making a copy of the FM content and then hacking it down to see if you can identify the point where it gets hung up – you can also enable the FM console to show you what it’s doing when importing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp