• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving Backups to Livelink

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious if any other RH users have backed up archived versions of their complete project files to Livelink. Our records department wants to move everything to Livelink and I am trying to think of best practices for RH files being archived in this system.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would just create zipped up copies of the project folder & use Livelink as your storage repository.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought of this myself. I will let you know how it goes when we test it. The issue my Livelink SMEs think my happen is that the size of the project folder might crash the Livelink system. We will see!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm not sure Jeff's suggestion will work for you. Admittedly, I had never heard of LiveLink before seeing this post. I did some Googling to see what it was. Assuming my Google Ninja skills are working properly, I found this site: The Leader in Enterprise Information Management | OpenText

The site has an area where LiveLink is discussed. Livelink | OpenText

Near as I can tell, it's a way to place documents that are able to be read so that anyone can view them easily.

This makes me wonder if the powers that be (The Records department) are wanting to take the output files created by RoboHelp and store them in this system. Similar to what application developers do with source code so that they can easily roll back to an earlier release if need be.

I do like Jeff's suggestion about stashing a zip there. But I think deeper probing is in order. For example, what does the Records Department hope to accomplish? What is their goal for having the RoboHelp stuff on LiveLink? Does it even accept a zip file?

Heaven knows it wouldn't be the first time I've seen some new buzzword catch fire in an organization where a witch hunt quickly ensues to chase the herd into some obscure pen because the bosses golf buddy's nephew's college buddy's cousin said it's all the rage. So, make it so...

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm... Thanks for that additional info! The reason for this is that the network shared drive is hitting very high capacities. The amount of space available on the Livelink repository is significantly higher than that of the shared drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp