Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Script error in RH2019 Classic Update 14

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took a .chm project that was created and updated in RH9 (to which I no longer have access, thank goodness) and was going to convert it to RH2020, because that is what I use for all the other help. I read that I should go through RH19, so I downloaded Update 14 of RH2019. Opening the .chm that generates produced a script error on each page that I try to open. Reading other users' questions in this forum leads me to believe that the answer is to download Update 12 instead of Update 14. Is that correct? Any other option? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frankly, you don't care about creating output when "step-updating" - it's more that the project files go from RH9 - RH2019 Classic - RH2019 New UI - RH2020 cleanly.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to stop at RH2019, because the files are so old. Guess I’ll just keep going. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I want to stop at RH2019 Classic, is there a solution for the script error issue? These are 20+ year old files that have been upgraded through RH2019 Classic, and I will convert them to RH2020 eventually, but it's not a priority. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just did a test with a project upgraded to RH2019 Classic a while ago and I'm not getting an error. Does it still happen if you move the chm to a short path without any spaces or fullstops (e.g. c:\test\pro.chm)? Does it happen as soon as you open the chm or only after you start clicking around? Has the js file been added as a baggage file to your project?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp