• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script Error: Object doesn't support property or method

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After deploying a new PC and installing RoboHelp 2017 I keep getting a multitude of script errors upon opening an existing project. This project opens on an older PC without the error but I have now tested on two different new PC's and keep getting same errors. IE 11 is the default browser.

the first script error is

IMG_20170705_105824.jpg

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You talking about the RH2017 project or the output you're creating from it? If it's the output, what flavour & have you applied all the RH patches?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am getting the exact same thing after upgrading to a new PC (Windows 10) and going from RoboHelp 10 to 2017 (with the 2017 patch). It is actually a series of three messages that all display in a row upon initial opening of any of my projects or sample projects. After the messages, the projects seem to be okay, but I have not done any outputs yet with the new version upgrade. Any help would be appreciated, I looked all over and could not find any kind of solution. I even took a look at my old PC with RoboHelp 10 for comparison and there was no such folder (RohoHelpHTML/plover/lib) as displayed in the messages. I am thinking this has to be related to the new responsive layouts, but there has got to be a fix for this?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are your projects saved?

Does this also happen if you open one of the sample projects? Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

My projects are saved to subfolders on "C" drive at the following location: C:\Users\s0033128\Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\ (same as it was with my old system that was running RoboHelp 10)

the sample files are at: C:\Users\s0033128\Documents\My RoboHelp Projects\Adobe RoboHelp 2017\Samples\

I tried opening both the one called EmployeeCare3.xpj and Travel_the_Whirl.xpj and get the same series of messages.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next question has to be was RoboHelp installed with admin rights.

If it was, next I would try an uninstall, reboot and reinstall first.

Also make sure you have applied the update. I don't think that is the issue but the next stop is Adobe Support and they will ask you to try that.

Installation calls to Adobe Support are free.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was installed by my company's Desktop System Support and they install all software with "Run as Administrator" access. Does that mean I should try reinstalling RoboHelp with my own login?

I did also install the RoboHelp (2017 release) Update 1, is that currently the only patch for version 2017 that you know of?

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if Run as Administrator is the same as having admin rights. I would ask IT to install using their admin logon. Then it should be OK for you without admin rights. That said, having admin rights will be needed for updating so that's best.

If they are reluctant, ask them to do it this way just to prove or disprove the point. After RoboHelp has been installed by someone with admin rights, it must be opened by them at least once.

So IT please uninstall, reboot, install with admin rights and run RoboHelp. Then see if it opens OK for you.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried the above recommendations, but unfortunately did not have any luck with that. Then I spent a FEW HOURS with Adobe Support and they tried every possible thing they could think of to eliminate those messages, including verification that all the permissions, etc. were set correctly. Still nothing worked, so I guess this can be noted as a known unresolved issue.

I was told the messages are related to the fact that this can happen if the computer is under a corporate enterprise network domain. Because of this, some system properties (primarily Internet Explorer) are controlled via a "locked down" group policy. These controlled properties are related to running scripts and manifesting as warning messages when a project is initially opened during a session. Adobe had me try testing a bunch of functionality, including Responsive HTML5 output and I am told this has no effect on how RoboHelp is performing.

Adobe is keeping their HelpDesk ticket open, so they may still get back to me. If so, I will post a follow-up here.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having the exact same script errors and have the same scenario as far as IE being under a corporate "lock down" policy. Has your issue been resolved since I do not see that you have posted any follow-up? I am working with Adobe Help and have referenced your post. Also, I have installed the latest update of September which did not fix the issue.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not heard anything from Adobe since my last post on this. This leads me to believe that the root of the issue remains unresolved. Basically, I would say that this is now a known issue and it is assumed that what I am getting are "warning" messages, not "error" messages. I have been just ignoring these messages, although it is bothersome and I have not experienced any type of related issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I have sent you a private message. Kindly reply me back so that we can connect and look into the issue.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ajit,

Replying back if you are still available.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please keep us posted on this. We are experiencing the exact same issue with script errors using RH on corporate network with lock- down policies in place. We have quite a a few RH users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly do you mean by using RH on corporate network.

Do you mean a RoboHelp output published to a web server or do you mean RoboHelp is installed on a corporate network?

If you mean publishing, are you sure the server is a web server rather than a file server?

Also by RH users, are you referring to people creating help using RoboHelp or people viewing the output?

Finally, which version of RoboHelp and which type of output?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I work in a government office. We have a secure network for software development. The software install is on my "C" drive and the output (at this time) is published to an internal drive (G), but ultimately, the output will be "put" on the open network webserver along with the software the help files will support.

I had no issues with publishing to the file server (G) using RH 2015. We upgraded to 2017 two days ago, and experienced the resulting script errors.

In this office, we have 4 people who are licensed to use RH, however. I am sure there more users in other departments in other locations. I have notified our IT department of the issue. We have a handful of SMEs/stakeholders/business owners who will review the output prior to final publication.

SBU

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all check that you have all the updates. Go to File > Help and you should see version 13.0.2.334. If not, click Updates. You must have admin rights.

Then check where the project is located. If it is within your use profile (My RoboHelp Projects), then move it. Something like C:\ProjectName.

Any change?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 13.0.2.334

Yes, the project is located outside of My RoboHelp Projects. We keep all project files on the network drive rather than our computer C drives. Because several people will be working on this, it has to be accessible to all.

It's hit and miss as to when the script error boxes appear. It doesn't happen all the time so it is difficult to spot a pattern, but when it does, all three script boxes appear in succession. It sometimes occurs when creating a new project in RH, and it sometimes happens when opening existing projects in RH.

All project output is to Responsive HTML5. All projects are imported from FrameMaker 2015/2017 documents using the same conversion settings and CSS. This is consistent across the board.

FM was upgraded to 2017at the same RH was.

SBU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect, like the original poster on this thread, that you are subject to some tight restrictions on JavaScript through some group policy. If you can't convince your IT to loosen up on those of you using RH/TCS in your shop, then you're going to have to live with the annoyance of these error messages. It was pointed out that they aren't really acting as errors, just warnings and that they don't seem to affect any operations performed. You might try, as an experiment, changing your default browser to see if that has any impact on the message occurrence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jeff. I have already tried changing the default browser. I still sometimes get the scripts and sometimes do not.

But now that I think about it, we have had JavaScript errors in the past with other applications. As far as IT changing group policy, it is highly doubtful. But I appreciate the feedback.

SBU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would highly doubt that IT would relax the policy for everyone; however, you may be able to get them to relax it slightly for just your group of authors by putting you in your own sub-group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Jeff's advice, be aware that working on a network is something that is subject to the network itself. It works for some and not others. I note that it was OK in 2015 but maybe something changed.

Also I assume only one person at a time works on the project. More than one is a definite no no unless you have source control.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were using FM/RH 2015 versions until recently, then upgraded to 2017 for both. And yes, we maintain source control, but even so, only one author at a time will work on the project.

Thank you both for your assistance. It is much appreciated.

SBU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm seeing similar errors from RH2017, having just installed the demo version to test it out. I have updated to v 0.2 patch as per Adobe - Support : RoboHelp Support Center : Service Releases

In addition to the errors mentioned above when loading a project, I also get an additional error when previewing a topic (from the sample project)... if I include a dropdown hotspot on the page, then when clicking to open the dropdown in the preview it fails to open and shows this error:

'Textpopup' is undefined

This error is reproduced when previewing the topic in IE11 (I think it may be forcing IE8 compatibility mode), but there is no issue in Chrome. Is the IE8 compatibility the likely issue? Most of my poor user base are still using ye ancient IE version for complicated reasons I can't change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2018 Feb 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest I am not sure what the issue is here but it is emerging to be something that people are seeing on upgrading to RoboHelp 2017. I have not seen it so perhaps between us we can figure out what is different.

The sample projects are in my user profile (My RoboHelp Projects). Are yours there as well or have you moved them?

Do you have admin rights on the machine?

Which sample project and which topic(s) give you this error?

In IE11 go to Internet Options and scroll down to Security. Are the first two options checked? If they are, does unchecking them make any difference?

Are you able to test the same project offsite to see if the different environment works without issue?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp