• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script Error: Object doesn't support property or method

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After deploying a new PC and installing RoboHelp 2017 I keep getting a multitude of script errors upon opening an existing project. This project opens on an older PC without the error but I have now tested on two different new PC's and keep getting same errors. IE 11 is the default browser.

the first script error is

IMG_20170705_105824.jpg

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

My sample projects are stored on my user profile, which is located on a network share (which explains the glacial slowness in loading RoboHelp mistakes 101!!). Have now moved that to the c: drive to speed things up!

I do have local admin, and I've now activated those 2 options in the IE Advanced settings. This has resolved the issue with the dropdown hotspot failing to open.

The other error messages when RH first loads a project in.. having read the jquery forum linked above https://forum.jquery.com/topic/jquery-2-1-1-min-js-object-does… I suspect that these issues are down to incompatibility between legacy IE and the v2 jquery used within RH2017.

I have a "cunning plan" to replace the contents of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2017\RoboHTML\plover\lib\jquery-2.1.1\jquery-2.1.1.min.js" with the contents of a jquery v1 library instead. If that stops the errors then it'll confirm my suspicions - but what other issues this might cause are to be discovered!! And any future RH patch/update would most likely restore the original file anyway..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so one solved and one above my paygrade.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't say this is really a good idea, but "force-downgrading" to Jquery 1.12.4 (by overwriting the js file with the contents of the older version) clears the first error message. But this could cause any number of other issues during usage!

Then I hit the 2nd error, which points at angular.js v1.3.16. A quick google confirms that Angular depreciated support for legacy IE after v1.2. So the same issue...

The 3rd error points at a file called "review_comments.min.js" which appears to utilize angular js, so is related to the 2nd one.

I'm not going to attempt any further "fixes" as this isn't sustainable, and our IT policy certainly wouldn't allow me to deploy the same thing to other users within the company.

There are plans afoot to upgrade our browsers across the estate, so may just have to hold off on RH17 until we can get all users upto at least IE11/Chrome 60. Good old RH8 is still doing the job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke to Adobe Tech Support today and they provided an updated "project.dll" which has resolved the errors. He indicated this would be rolled out in a future RH update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for adding that. Could help someone else along the line.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was the same for my case also, the revised project.dll Adobe provided seems to have resolved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp