Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script to "Reset size" for all images in a RoboHelp project

Jul 23, 2009 Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New UI. Quick fix to pull new screenshots is hampered by the size constraints of graphics.

Is there a (third party or built in) script that will reset size for all the images in a RoboHelp HTML project?

RH8, RoboHelpHTML bulished as WebHelp.

PS the filter in Adobe Forums doesn't allow me to limit the search to RoboHelp HTML and WebHelp; I don't have any other Adobe products, so all the hits don't apply.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2009 Jul 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Faststone Resizer will resize the images assuming you want them all one size or can run several passes picking different files each time.

Download their free viewer too. It is excellent.

http://www.faststone.org/

Do make a copy of your project first.

You will have to go through each topic that has images, right click on each image and reset the size. RH's settings in the topic are for the size you want to display which may not be the image size.

Maybe import one topic into a test project to try it out first.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 24, 2009 Jul 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another option, if you don't mind writing a script, is to use the Script Explorer feature in RH8.

Read the RoboColum(n).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Yenelli

I've attached the script you need.

Just save it with the "jsx" extension and import it to Robohelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before setting that loose on a project, could you tell us a bit about the logic?

All images to one size, all images to a percentage, and so on or does it take a given image and then resize it in all topics that use that image?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The logic is simple: remove image's dimensions so Robohelp can set them from the file.

It is similar to the "Reset image" operation which can be executed from the image's context menu.

In my everyday work I need this operation to be executed in each topic for every image for the localized HTML-files.

Screenshots in each localized version may be different sizes, but localized HTML-files are generated automatically using "old" information about image dimensions.

Now in Robohelp 7 I must open each topic and execute "Reset image" manually.

That's why I've downloaded the trial of Robohelp 8 and created this script.

Off: I'm waiting for my company purchase RH8...

I think the main problem here is how to identify image in the HTML.

Since you have solved this problem - you are free to do anything with the images .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice script indeed, This script can be modified to set the image size to any predefined size as well.

-Praful Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2010 Apr 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this script!

What needs to be done to convert a .jsx into an .exe executable that I can add to the RH Toolbox (pod) and run it in a project on my terms, rather than import into the project so it runs (whenever I compile?)

What is the ReSize tool for that already exists in the toolbox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2010 Apr 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably nothing more than a complete rework of RoboHelp.

Scripts get imported into the script editor and run from there when you want to use them, not from the Tools Pod.

The ReSize Tool resizes a specific image to the size you define when you use it.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 25, 2012 Nov 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I already imported your .jsx file to my project and run the script. It worked well. It made  all images return to original size.

Next, I resized all images in the shared folder and then synchronized to the project, generated to .chm to se the result.

I saw images look good but with images those put inside dropdown hotspot, it seemed that they are too small.

Please help me check this situation. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have saved the file with jsx on at the end, placed in in the right folder, but when I try to import it in Robohelp it cannot find the textdocument.

How do I import it to Robohelp?

Which option do i choose? (see attached image)

The script is still a text document altough it is saved with jsx at the end? should it convert to another format there, or is it right that its still a textdoc?

Have a release coming up in a few days so its quite a hurry and there is hundreds of images to resize.

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not imported from the file menu. Display the Script Explorer pod (View > Pods > Script Explorer). Then right click on it and select the Import option and point to the .jsx file.

Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
Follow me @robocolumn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View > Pods  > Script Explorer.

Right click there and you will see import.

Follow me @petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your quick answers Peter and McAndrew!

Maybe I don't have that oportunity in my version of Robohelp 7. I just get the opitions shown in the attached screenshot below.

I have tried some of the alternatives, for example snippets but it does not find the jsx file.

/Ã…sa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.. this functionality is available in Robohelp 8 only.

I have this problem too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Support for Extendscript is added in RoboHelp 8.0 version. Earlier version of RoboHelp dont have extendscript feature.

-Praful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay,

Thanks a lot for all help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2010 Feb 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have a FM book linked by reference into RH and I am using this script, will I have to re-run the script everytime I update the FM books, before I publish the WebHelp?

And do I need to change anything in the script, besides the extension of the file to .jsx? I imported the script, click RUN, but nothing happened.

Thanks,

Adriana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp