Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scripts folder is huge

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Huge is very relative, but in this case, the scripts folder is 75% of the document's size. 

Any ideas on what I need to do to bring its size down? 

Many thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the right forum for your question? The forum is for Adobe's RoboHelp product.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a RoboHelp output question. When I generate an output with preset "Responsive HTML 5", I have a scripts folder that is generated under the template folder, and that one is significantly large in size. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't mention what version of RH you're running; please let us know & if you are up to date. As a test, try generating with the sample project and see what results. I've never really paid any attention to the size of the JavaScript vs the content in any of my projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies. I am using RH 2019 (v 2019.0.14) and it's up to date. 

I ran the Latte sample project, and when generating an output in HTML5, I get a scripts folder (under template) of 3.5 MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that one is in RH2019 Classic, right? What sort of .js files are in there? I've never heard of it being very big before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's the New UI version (Adobe made RH2019 versioning confusing. 😕  )

You can't do anything about the files in that folder, but it looks like Adobe fixed it in RH2020 (I think they forgot to minify the files in RH2019 Responsive output)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp