Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search box is not appearing in Safari in mac

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

We are facing an issue with the opening search box while clicking on the "search" navigation tab from the left side navigation in safari browser(version: 11.0.2 ), well then I had checked with different browsers like Chrom, IE11, Mozilla FireFox it worked properly for all of them.

Even it worked properly when I checked with safari browser(version: 5.1.7 ).

We have also tried to update the RoboHelp with the available updates and had a look at the generated OUTPUT locally as well and we found the same issue.

Here I am attaching the files with the issue and without issue, please have a look:

help_search_chrome.png help_search_safari.png

Looking forward to the positive response from your side.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like in your output dialog you have ticked the Pure HTML setting. Try DHMTL (Pure HTML). See the Navigation settings.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, Peter Grainge

as you mentioned in reply I checked for the output settings and they were like I am attaching the image

setting_robohelp.png

in the settings, DHTML radio button is selected, still, the problem remains same for the Safari browser(version: 11.0.2 ) only

also, i checked by selecting Pure HTML radio button the problem occurred with the all mentioned browsers in question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing this problem with Safari on a Windows PC, a Mac or both?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had checked in both mac as well as in windows machines, though you can't have latest safari version in windows I think, so then I checked the page in mac box with chrome and safari browsers and I only found it in safari browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hadn't realised that Safari on Windows was no longer supported as I am not a Mac user. If you had said it was the same on both operating systems I was going to run some tests on a Windows machine.

Try a new simple two or three topic project and see if that is the same or try one of the sample projects. Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

If they are the same, then that looks like a bug. Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to that bug/feature in this thread and others can vote for it.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, Peter Grainge

As you have mentioned in the previous comment to check by generating output for one or more sample projects.

yesterday I had a look in chrome and safari in windows and Mac machines as well and found that issue is replicable, please have a look the images I am attaching to this reply.

sample project 1

sample_project1.png

sample project 2

sample_project2.png

sample project 1 opened in chrome to mac and windows both machines\

sample_project1_both_OS_chrome.png

sample project 2 opened in chrome to mac and windows both machines

sample_project2_both_OS_chrome.png

hope you guys will raise a bug for this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not clear on the message you are conveying with those images. Are you saying that the first two are on Safari and when you click the Search icon, you see the alphabet and search words whereas in the last two you see a blank search panel waiting for you to enter your search term?

If so, that is confirming the same issue but it is for you to report it as a bug or contact Adobe Support. This is essentially a user to user forum not monitored by Adobe.

Please follow this link to report bugs and request features. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link to that bug/feature in this thread and others can vote for it.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Himesh512, I can confirm that Safari doesn't properly display local output of my RoboHelp project output either.

The local output does work when viewing with Chrome and Firefox browsers, though the search feature still has display issues

In fact, under Safari 11.1, it doesn't display at all.

Do you have the same display issues when you publish to a server and access files via HTTP, rather than accessing the file directly on your hard drive?

Firefox

Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tech Comm Tools,

Actually, I have same display issues when you publish to a server and access files via HTTP, so that I checked with sample projects files locally from the hard drive, then after I logged a bug for that (RH-1691) as well and here is the URL Tracker

you can have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are also seeing the exact same issue. Our Webhelp output from RH2017 looks fine in Chrome, IE11 and Firefox. But when viewed using Safari 11, the Search tab is unusable. We see the following:

I went to the tracker and voted on this as an issue. Hopefully Adobe will address it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have also voted. There doesn't seem to have been any action for a while. Hoping it will come soon as my output worked well with RoboHelp 10, have recently upgraded to 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp