• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search Does Not Behave For Some Terms

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2016 Feb 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Large Merged Project. I do not understand how search works in a merged project. Sometimes one term does not pull up topics from all the projects, which confuses my users. For example, only one project responds correctly when a user types forms, for example. If I type "forms" (with the quote marks), it behaves more like I would expect, but this is something extra to teach my users that is inconsistent with other terms. I cannot find any reason for this behavior. All the projects appear to have same settings. Often these missing topics already have forms as part of their heading 1. I have tried to force the missing topics to show by adding forms to keywords. This is just one example. Why does this happen and how can I control it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How large is large?

Is this a project that you can share? See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot share my merged project.

ELLEN BITTNER Senior Technical Writer

Contact details removed by Moderator. Best not to post email addresses in particular unless you are expecting to hear from some far off bank official who needs your help to get zillions of dollars out of their country! This applies to any public forum.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2016 Feb 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you recreate the problem in a demo merge?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp