• Global community
    • Language:
      • Deutsch
      • English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Search function issue with Update 8

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

 

I updated to version 8 yesterday and published one of my sites to Sharepoint and since then the search is not working. It says no results were found.

 

sharepoint version.png

 

However, when I open the same page locally (ot in sharepoint) then the search works. Can someone please help resolve this issue?

 

This is the local version (when I open "index.htm")

local version.png

 

 

Views

53

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Issue is resolved. I suspect there was a browser issue, perhaps related to cached data or similar.

(I reopened the same project after the weekend and now it is working) 

Likes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first thought would be that something didn't get uploaded correctly when you published. Perhaps you can sync the document library to your PC and compare the output folder with the sharepoint folder using a file comparison tool like Beyond Compare?

 

Otherwise you might need to contact support. The email address is recommended as it goes to a dedicated Robohelp team:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the same upload process as on previous occasions and the search worked fine in Sharepoint. So I think it's got to do with the Update.

Thansk for the suggestion to email the support team - I have done so

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got a tool such as Beyond Compare to compare the local output with what is on the server? That would confirm everything uploaded correctly. Not disagreeing with you but it would add weight to your point.

 

Also do you have a pre Update 8 version that you could upload to confirm that runs.

________________________________________________________

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer or Like if helpful. Found your answer elsewhere? Share it here.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Issue is resolved. I suspect there was a browser issue, perhaps related to cached data or similar.

(I reopened the same project after the weekend and now it is working) 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp