• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search functionality not working when publishing to WebHelp when using RH2019 classic

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search format.jpgI am creating an instructional manual using RoboHelp 2019 classic - publishing to a server using WebHelp. When accessing the published manual, clicking on the Search function, Typing in the word(s) to search for and clicking Go. No results are generated. The screen is blank. My output setup is exactly the same as the current manual which is published to the same server also using WebHelp but using RoboHelp 2015. Can anyone direct me to what I may be doing incorrectly. Here is a screen print of my search page.

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Does the search work locally before you upload the output to the server?
  2. Is this happening regardless of browser?
  3. Have you applied the updates?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working in Robohelp 2019-classic the find and find and replace functionality does work. However, it is when I publish the project and try to use the search function within the published version that the search function does not work.

Where would I locate the 'updates' you reference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not talking about searching within the project. Publishing to a server is a two part process. You generate locally and then publish to the server. Is the locally generated output search working?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to Fileb > Help > Updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp