• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search no longer works after server move

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new server I am publishing my KB's to. All the KBs are viewable, but the search function does not work.

It still points to the old server. How do I update that? I haven't been able to find a way to do this. Thanks as always!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What output are you creating? Does the search work when looking at the output locally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine locally. It's from the server only.

I use WebHelp (Primary Layout). We've never switched the server it is published to before, but now if I click on Search, it tries to go to the old URL and search. There must be something which specifies where the search should look, but I can't find it. There is nothing in IIS other than assigning the URL to the website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this "search" launched? Is it the RH search tool that comes with your output or is some other product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it was just the search not working, I would suggest the server is not

properly configured.

The fact that it is looking elsewhere is very odd as the search should be

looking within the files generated. How is the help getting published from

wherever you have generated? Who does that, you or the developers?

Peter Grainge

www.grainge.org

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It appears to be network related. I was in a CAB meeting and they are reporting problems with macs and certain domains. Other people are able to view the data correctly, so hopefully it will be resolved shortly. It was probably due to cache. But I'm not the only one experiencing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp