Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search options for several outputs

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Have one issue I can't resolve. I have a RH project that contains several outputs based on person's permissions in app. So, when I type some words in search field under one permissions, I can also see the search results from other output. Could anyone tell me how can I disable search options, so it works only within logged in permissions?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

In Classic versions not including a topic in the TOC does not exclude it from the output, it never did. To exclude from the output you need to apply tags to the topics and then apply a condition expression in the SSL.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You haven't said which version of RoboHelp you are using. 

• If you are using a Classic version please go to File Help > About and confirm the version shown. If it is 2019 Classic, please add "Classic" when advising the version number.
  • If you are using the New UI, the version number will  be found in Help > About. Please add "New UI" if the version number starts 14.

You cannot search on anything that is not in an output so somehow those topics are in the output. You can check that by using Explorer and looking in the output folders.

In Classic versions if you tag a topic out of the TOC it only stops that topic from showing in the TOC, it does not exclude it from the build. Could that be it?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your quick reply. Sorry for not providing more details within this case. Here are some insights:

I use the Robohelp 2017, Vesion: 13.0.2.334.
What I mean is that the Search shows the topics which are not included in the TOC, and I don’t want them to be displayed in the Search.
I generate two Responsive HTML5 outputs with two different TOCs (for 2 types of users), but some topics are available in Search results even if they are not included in the TOC for a certain kind of users (and these users shouldn’t see these topics).
I tried using the “Exclude Unreferenced Topics From Output” option, but it didn’t help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Classic versions not including a topic in the TOC does not exclude it from the output, it never did. To exclude from the output you need to apply tags to the topics and then apply a condition expression in the SSL.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Peter, that worked (tags)! Many thanks for your support in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp