• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search results not opening topic - Responsive Help

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After publishing my merged project, I am facing issue with the Search, the seach box displays potential results, but when clicked on them nothing is displayed and this issue is with my Responsive HTML5 output locally as well as on Server.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have branched your post into a new thread as you are having a different problem with a different output.

Which version of RoboHelp are you using? If 2019, new UI or Classic?

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, I am using RH 2019 New UI, this i realized search feature works locally for an individual project, but when published as merged project with other projects, the search feature does not work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which layout?

In Azure Blue, as you type RoboHelp displays a potential list of search terms rather than a list of topics. When you click one of the suggestions there it should then open a panel with the topics that contain that term. From there you select the topic required.

Is that the issue or are you saying that you don not get a list of topics on the left or after getting the list of topics in the search pod, they do not open?

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using azure blue, yes i dont get the list of topics in the left pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please go to the RoboHelp Tour on my site and check the search there. That is working as expected.

If you are not seeing the same with your project, trying selecting the skin again with a slightly different name such as AzureBlue2.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it works as expected on your site. I tried applying a different skin to master project and then applied the original skin again, still the Search issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you applied the new skin and then reapplied the original without actually confirming it did fail with the new skin. I am assuming it did fail.

Have you checked that all the child projects in the parent TOC did generate to where they should?

Have you tried more than one browser? Which browser(s) are you using?

Do you have all updates applied?

Struggling to think what this is as for me it is working locally with a merge as well.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, yes it did fail after applying a different skin. All child projects are generated to repsective folders. I use Chrome but for this issue, i checked it in Edge browser, still the same issue. All updates are applied. as an individual project they work correctly, but in merged project output they cease to work completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing to try. Follow this link and download the demo there. It's an old Classic merged help demo but you can upgrade it. Add a responsive skin and see if that works.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi peter, it works, even before upgrading to New UI from Classic, it was working fine, after upgrading as well it worked but inconsistently but from a few weeks it stopped completely, it works for individual project. 

The demo you asked to download is in Classic UI, i do not think it would be useful for New UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The setup could have been upgraded but the idea was to test your structure. You are now saying this was working but then stopped so the structure of the merge must be OK. Unless that coincided with an update, that suggests it is something in your environment.

Can you share the output? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the output as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct. I can then see what happens on my machine.

www.grainge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter, 

I debugged it with Chrome developer tools and found it was looking for search auto map .js file which was not found for a few projects. For these projects, the search auto map.js file was named differently since I had not published them for 3-4 months, therefore the changes of search .js files post the RH upgrade were not applied but i was publishing other projects consistently, so they were updated for the output of search auto map .js files as per the upgrade. 

I published those projects (having issues) again, and the issue is resolved quickly. Now the search is working as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp