• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

search tab not sorting correctly

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My topic titles are not sorting correctly in the Search Tab.  I've included a screen shot, so you can understand.  What controls the sort here?

The topic title matches the H1 header inside the topic.  Wth?

Shannon

image001a.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

I finally figured it out!  The problem is corrected by removing the "&#160;" in the <Title> header in HTML. I replaced with a space.

See yellow highlight below. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

To the best of my knowledge, this is all controlled by the HTML Help Viewer. And that's totally in Microsoft's realm. Aside from changing the Topic Titles, I'm unaware of any way to influence the way the search results would work.

Grasping at straws here I'm wondering which version of the HTML Help Viewer you are using. 32 or 64 bit. Wondering if one sorts correctly while the other has issues?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just notice the results seem to be in two alphabetical lists, rather than some random order. Also the search is on Billing Reports (plural) rather than Billing Report (singular) as shown in the results.

Could this be merged CHMs or something that would be explained by the structure of the project, the TOC or suchlike?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to delete and regenerate a new Index?  Maybe delete a file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why delete the index. The search is the problem. Different things.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally figured it out!  The problem is corrected by removing the "&#160;" in the <Title> header in HTML. I replaced with a space.

See yellow highlight below. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp